Registration/Conformation

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Amos, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Ok, since some of you seem to think the only dumb question is a question that goes unasked..

I have some fairly dim questions :wink:

Ok, for example, using some stuff I found from Blissberry Nubians:

SG ++*B Kastdemur's LH Full Service

besides the name, what do the + *B and stuff mean?

Another example:

GCH Lakeshore Farms Sierra Storm 4*M EX90 VEEE

What would the '4*M EX90 VEEE' mean?
    I know E's mean excellent, but in what order of the body?

What does:
    'YSA 0-04 Ec (VEcEc)'
    mean?

Now about registration, say I bought an unregistered doe from a person, and both the dam and sire of that doe were registered, now say I wanted to register that doe, what would I need to get from the seller?

Does any of what I just typed make sense, or is it as clear as dirt?

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    If you had a doe whose parents were registered but she herself wasn't then you would need to get the registration numbers of her parents for her papers. I don't think you would need any other info but I could be wrong.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    If you bought her unregistered........ you will have to go to the breeder and get a transfer/registration form......from the breeder.......she will fill in the sire/ dam info and all other info needed on the form .........make sure it is signed............the breeder may ask you to pay a fee for the registration papers.......

Anyone can correct me if I am wrong....... :)

4. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    you can get the forms to register the goat on line so you can do it that way and just get the information from the breeder. You would have to put it in as him/her for the oringinal breeder and then transfer it to you.

5. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I'm fairly certain that you have to get the transfer papers from the breeder...what would the point be to buying registered if all you have to do is fill in paperwork yourself? Everybody would by un-registered!

Amos, you can go to the ADGA or AGS website and get explainations. I think they have to do with accomplishments of their kids and or parents. I was reading about it in my "handbook", but someone will come soon and explain it all to you

6. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

I do agree with .........Di :)

7. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Okie.. thanks everyone =]!

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    you are very welcome........... :greengrin:

9. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Boy that was a dumb question . . . J/K. . . :wink:

All those letters get complicated. It is different for different reg. too! Just to add to the complications.

What kind of goats do you have and what do you want reg for? I believe can reg. some dairy animals as grades.

10. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Nubians. I don't have them yet, but there are four that I will probably buy from a lady, I don't know if the parents as registered yet though. She said that two have Wildfire and AZL Morning Star lines, and another has Meirose blood lines, so I think they might be, since she knows most of the bloodlines. Have you ever heard of those? I have no idea how good those are.

Oh, I think thinking ADGA

11. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I do not know for certain what the + stands for but I do know that a * is something that a doe earns by producing a certain amount of milk in a one-day test through ADGA. If a doe earns a * then all of her offspring also carry that star (including bucks) and If a doe's mother has a star and then she herself earns a star she becomes a 2* milker...if a doe's grandma and mother both had stars and then she earned one herself, she would be a 3* milker and so on....Bucks can only earn stars through their maternal ancestors and can have mulitple stars as well.

12. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
  13. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    ok this is straight from the adga manual

a + B means the buck either has
    A. three AR (advanced registry) milking daughters out of three different dams. at least two of the dams must beregistered or recorded with adga or
    B. he has two AR sons that are advanced registry sires ( having three daughters of their own)

a ++B is one who has both requirements above

the * means:

if a registered buck has

a. his mom was/is an AR doe for both milk and butterfat AND the sire is an AR sire or * sire
    or
    b. his mom is an AR doe for both milk and butterfat, is an St doe( no clue) and his sires dam is an AR doe for milk and butterfat or a star

hope that helps

the other sarah should be able to help with the VEEE stuff .. i have no idea

14. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
  15. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    no problem amos

16. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

*B Stars on bucks are earned by virtue of parents with production records meeting ADGA minimums

+B Plusses on bucks are earned by virtue of offspring meeting ADGA requirements

2*M Two Star Milker - Second successive generation of a doe line that has earned a star based on minimums set forth by ADGA
    A doe has to milk a mininum amount in to or three milkings depending if its a one or two day test.
    there is a top ten list for butterfat production etc. in each breed

the VG and Ec E's that you are seeing contribute to the linear apraisal system.

Linear Appraisal Score

Final General Dairy Body
    Age(yr/mo) Score Appearance Character Capacity Mammary
    5-04 91 V E E E

(E)Excellent (V)Very Good (+)Good Plus (G)Good (F)Fair (P)Poor

they always go in that order general apearance dairy chacter body capacity and mammary. On bucks you will see three catagories for obvious reasons. Young stock can be scored too, but it doesnt go on their records.
    i believe at four years of age they can get what is called i permanant score...mjeaning they have matured and this is what their final score is. A first freshener cannot score higher then an 89. on most animals you will see that number go up as they get older, mature and get better with age.
    DHIR records are shown on pedigrees as well
    Dairy Herd Improvement Registry –National milk and component recording program for use by USDA, ADGA, and herdowners

Times Days in Milk % lbs. % lbs.
    Age Milking Milk lbs. Butterfat F Protein PRT Verified
    5-00 2 259 2880 3.1 89 2.8 82 v

CH(ampion)- Show Wins
    GCH G(rand) CH(ampion)- Show wins and a milk star earned from Advanced Registry or Star Volume minimums.

PTA Predicted Transmitting Ability – Computed by USDA AIPL, incorporating data from production and type data of the doe, ancestors, collateral relatives and progeny. The first three numbers are the estimates of the pounds of milk to expect from each lactation of a parents' future daughter when compared to a herdmate of breed average genetic merit. The last is the PTA of change to the Type score. PTA expresses the level of genetic superiority that an animal transmits to its offspring for a given production or type trait. This value is used to rank animals based on their genetic merit.

137M(ilk) 2F(at) 4P(rotein) .90T(ype)

DEV Standard Deviation that can be expected in pounds.

937 (Milk) -17 (Fat) 32 (Protein)

PTA$
    P(redicted) T(ransmitting) A(bility) $(dollars) is an economic index that combines relative values of milk and components. Estimates the extra income a dairyman would receive in each lactation based on values supplied by USDA for fat and protein differentials. The first number is fat; the second is protein.

15 13 32R(eliabity) in % -

Reliability measures confidence in the PTA Values - 99 is highest. An animal's reliability is based on the information available in the evaluation. The R in this area is for TYPE.

PTA% P(redicted) T(ransmitting) A(bility) %(percentage). Milk fat (.07) and milk protein (.04). Dates are of last calculations; the first is production and the second is type.

44R(eliability) 6/99 .07 .04 1/01

The R is this line is for PRODUCTION.

D/AV D(aughter) AV(erages)

Milk Fat Protein Final Score

2380 95 74 87

PTI P(roduction) T(ype) I(ndexes) – genetic indexes that combine production and type genetic evaluations into one score. First number emphasizes production over type and second emphasizes type. Zero would be no change.

133 (2:1) 134 (1:2)

ETA E(stimated) T(ransmitting) A(bility) – Estimate of a buck’s future PTA’s (as an index) for production and type. Production is first; type is second. Zero is no change.

19 (Production) -29 (Type)

most of this was taken from the ADGA site. So i either confused you more or made things a little more clear :)

beth

17. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Nope, I understood a better part of it, thanks!!