Registration Help

Discussion in 'Beginners Goat Raising' started by Datrick, Jun 11, 2019.

  1. Datrick

    Datrick New Member

    Jun 11, 2019
    We recently bought a buckling and I would like to have him registered but am kind of in a pickle.
    I know his birthday and have a copy of both his dam and sire's papers but he has changes hands a couple of times before I bought him.
    The lady who bred him went through a divorce and sold her goats- sire, dam, and our buckling. While she was in posession of the goats she never transferred their (sire and dam) papers into her name. She then sold all three to the people I bought our buckling from and is now unreachable.
    The kid is still unregistered and I am at a loss of what I can do to make that happen. Are his birthday and sire and dam's papers enough? Any ideas would be wonderful.
    Thank you,
  2. ksalvagno

    ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

    What registration? More than likely not enough. In dairy, you need the proper paperwork filled out and signed.
    Sfgwife likes this.

  3. Datrick

    Datrick New Member

    Jun 11, 2019
    I was going to go through ADGA. Do I need the forms filled put by the person who was in posession of the goats when the buckling was born?
  4. goathiker

    goathiker I'm watching you Staff Member Supporting Member

    The people in possession of the goats must put them in their name, join ADGA and give you a transfer paper.

    The only way around is if they give you a bill of sale, a transfer paper, and a copy of their transfer papers on the parents. This should be on the bottom of their registration papers given their them by the breeder.

    This is something I learned long ago. If you want registration papers, don't buy a goat that doesn't have any.
    goatblessings and mariarose like this.
  5. mariarose

    mariarose Well-Known Member

    It's been a very long time now since I was in ADGA, but back then this could not be done, each person had to fill out the paperwork at each stage of the process. Not a single gap or skip allowed. I'm really sorry to tell you this, but it looks hopeless to me.
  6. ksalvagno

    ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

    Agree that there is no way to have the buck registered.
    goatblessings likes this.