The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
We recently bought a buckling and I would like to have him registered but am kind of in a pickle.
I know his birthday and have a copy of both his dam and sire's papers but he has changes hands a couple of times before I bought him.
The lady who bred him went through a divorce and sold her goats- sire, dam, and our buckling. While she was in posession of the goats she never transferred their (sire and dam) papers into her name. She then sold all three to the people I bought our buckling from and is now unreachable.
The kid is still unregistered and I am at a loss of what I can do to make that happen. Are his birthday and sire and dam's papers enough? Any ideas would be wonderful.
Thank you,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to go through ADGA. Do I need the forms filled put by the person who was in posession of the goats when the buckling was born?

·
I'm watching you
22,532 Posts
The people in possession of the goats must put them in their name, join ADGA and give you a transfer paper.

The only way around is if they give you a bill of sale, a transfer paper, and a copy of their transfer papers on the parents. This should be on the bottom of their registration papers given their them by the breeder.

This is something I learned long ago. If you want registration papers, don't buy a goat that doesn't have any.

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
It's been a very long time now since I was in ADGA, but back then this could not be done, each person had to fill out the paperwork at each stage of the process. Not a single gap or skip allowed. I'm really sorry to tell you this, but it looks hopeless to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts