Registration ? - how do you do it?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by 4hmama, Apr 14, 2009.

1. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Breeder question... what do you guys do registration-wise for the kids that are born to your does that you sell? I have bought kids that I have to send in the registration papers and pay for that and the transfer fee, and I have also bought kids that have already been registered, then I just need to have them transferred. What is the correct protocol? Is either way acceptable when selling a kid?

2. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    I think we had this conversation a while back. But, I have also bought goats both ways. I just sold a little doeling and I didn't have her registered yet, so I gave the reg paper and had it all filled out. I did feel a little bad about that, but, alot of breeders do it...? When I sell puppies I get the litter reg and the new parents then reg. their puppy so it's a similar procedure I guess. I'm going to try to be better with my paper work this year, though, it's a "resolution", :doh:

3. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I'd like to know too, as I am very new to this myself.

4. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Me personally i will register any animals that are sold as registered. then the new owners can xfer if they choose. any that are not sold as registered will not be papered and if the new owners want to paper later they will have to pay the differance in the cost of the animal.

When we bought Luna her original owner sent a partially filled form for us to use so we could register the kidds Luna would have(she threw a singelton doe :( :) ) So Cleo is registered as

Black Mesa Luna's Cleopatra since we did not own Luna at the time of breeding, but we did own her at the time of kidding. So any kids from now on will be Random Mishaps.......

Hope this ramble helped. :)

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    When I sell my FB boer kids as registerable ....I give the buyer the forms for them to do it ..because sometimes ...it takes so long to get the paperwork back from the association...in which...... a rush delivery should be done to assure the paperwork to come back in a timely manner...But it costs more to rush deliver them...and to register them ....I would go broke.. if I did all of them that way.... :shocked:
    If I am not a member at the time of registering.. it costs like
    membership fee $50
    registering each kid $15 or so depending on how many to register at one time...
    overnight $20 up to 10 goats
    total for 1 goat $85

It takes like 2.5 months ...before I know ..what kind of quality that a kid will have and if... it is worthy of registration....so I cannot send the application for registration in early ....it would be a big waste of money ...especially if ...that animal ends up not a good animal.....or God forbid ..the animal dies or gets... crippled by an accident of some sort...... :(

If a buyer comes to buy a registerable goat and the paperwork isn't here... it tends to put a bind into things and when you buy a registered goat and don't get the registration papers in hand ...that is not good in my book......so I don't register them ..and just give the buyer the registration application....it is easier that way ........ :wink:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  7. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Thanks Stacey!

8. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    We usually register and transfer the ones we are going to sell and have the papers sometimes sent directly to the buyers.