The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this is under the wrong "category" but i wasnt sure what to put it under

So, here goes!
We bought a little doeling back in march. Her name is Clara and i think i may have posted a thread about getting her. So i went to pick her up and the husband is home by himself because his wife and son (the ones who take care of the goats) are out of town. So the pick up is kinda unorganized but it was done quick. At the end i asked about the registration papers and he said I dont know where my wife keeps all of the papers, but hers isnt here yet, so when we get them, i will send them to you. I still do not have them, so i contacted him 2 days ago and he has not answered yet. Her mom and dad are both registered, and he test his goats, i saw those papers too, but they should be here by now!
He email-ed me this on May 14: "We recieved claras registration papers in the mail as "return to sender" the address we mailed to was ------- (im not puttin my adress in here).
So i email-ed him:
Yes, our adress is -------. And i have not heard from him since, so what should i do???

Here is my email from a few days ago: Hi! We still have not received Clara's registration papers, so i was wondering if they were sent to the wrong address again? If it makes it easier for you, I can just come and pick them up.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Do you have a phone number? Copies of the parent's papers?

If it were me, I would send one more email, something along the lines of
"Hi, I'm not sure if you received my last email. I still have not received the papers for the doeling I got from you back in may. I'd love to hear back from you, if at all possible.
Thanks!" I would give them another week or so to respond. And this is just me(im a rather passive aggressive person) I would drive out there. Not much they can do when you are face to face and he has to answer. Then he could tell you the story of "what happened" or give you her papers. I've had the whole "I lost the papers in a 'insert water, losing, or moving related story here' I will send them to you when i find them/get new ones!" And I hardly ever receive them. When I do, It never takes more than 4 weeks max for them to arrive(at least here anyway) He may be on a trip, or possibly family issue, you never know, so i would give it a bit more time for him to respond right now.

·
Super Moderator
58,864 Posts
Unless they give the appropriate papers with signatures in the right areas, you are out of luck. You could mail a certified letter to them to start a paper trail. Or have a lawyer send a certified letter. Unfortunately this is one of the problems if you take a goat home without the paperwork.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have his number and a a picture of both her parents papers
something else i forgot to mention is that she doesn't have a tattoo but i thought all registerd animals have a tattoo on their ear. I asked him if i could drive out there because it truly isnt a problem he is only 30 or so minuites away and i go through there about once a week to get groceries anyway.

IMG_3887[1].JPG

IMG_3886[1].JPG

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
They dont always have to be tattooed but she would need another form of permanent form of ID like a microchip. is there a reason she wasnt tattooed? You can contact ADGA and she if she was registered. ADGA should have just sent the papers straight to you. Something seems fishy about this

·
Super Moderator
58,864 Posts
You can just tattoo the ears. But you need to know what the tattoos would be since the kid was born on their farm. The tattoos also need to be on the application. The registrations of the parents mean nothing. You either need a properly filled out and signed registration application or a properly signed registration paper for the kid.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I have called ADGA before when something similar happens. While having the papers do not help in terms of being able to register her. You can, however, call them and explain your situation. And hopefully be able to find out if any kids were registered by the 2 parents this year. Give your doelings DOB, color, and both parents Registration numbers they should be able to help you find out if he actually did reg. any kids this year with those 2 parents.

·
Fair-Haven
4,717 Posts
You could also go on adga's website and look up progeny of the dam/sire. This will tell you if she was indeed registered. Sometimes it does take a while for adga to update this information. but she should be listed. If they have her papers, then you are waiting for the blue papers with transfer signed at the bottom......

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They dont always have to be tattooed but she would need another form of permanent form of ID like a microchip. is there a reason she wasnt tattooed? You can contact ADGA and she if she was registered. ADGA should have just sent the papers straight to you. Something seems fishy about this
Yes I do have one goat with a microchip. This kind of sucks, because I was planning on showing this doe at one of our local dairy shows

How do you,look up progeny, I have been trying to figure it out but just can't. I am on the adga genetics search page

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I wonder why you haven't revived it yet. Perhaps he forgot to send it, went to the wrong address again and he thought you got it, or he just didn't want to get new papers :shrug:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I wonder why you haven't revived it yet. Perhaps he forgot to send it, went to the wrong address again and he thought you got it, or he just didn't want to get new papers :shrug:
So can i just call ADGA and they will send me her papers, or is it more complicated than that?

EDIT: He just emailed me back! Here is what he said

Sorry for the long delay. I had a problem with my yahoo buisness email for several weeks. I am once again able to get to my emails. The address you provided is the address we sent it to and had it returned to us. We can try again or i am not sure if this is another address we can send it to or we can plan to meet at some point to "hand deliver" the papers.
Please let me know what works best
Again feel free to call me at ------- should you need to reach me

I am going to call when i get more time to talk to him so probably in an hour or so...

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
So can i just call ADGA and they will send me her papers, or is it more complicated than that?
No, that was just if they hadn't updated for the progeny yet. You might be able too. I haven't ever done it before though so don't know what the process would be if you even can. You would need to call and ask what, if anything, you can do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts