The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a goat is registered with USBGA, can you use the papers to register with ABGA? I was looking at a buck registered USBGA. But all my stock is registered ABGA. So would I be able to send in his papers to register him with ABGA? Are the registration requirements the same?

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
No, USBGA don't transfer to ABGA. Requirements are not the same. Both have websites where you can get more info.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darn. I was afraid of that. I tried looking on the websites and found reg. papers and such but nothing about one versus the other on requirements. I wish they would make websites that just skip all the mumbo jumbo and say "hey, this is what you need, this is what won't work, etc.

·
Goat Feeder
1,436 Posts
Darn. I was afraid of that. I tried looking on the websites and found reg. papers and such but nothing about one versus the other on requirements. I wish they would make websites that just skip all the mumbo jumbo and say "hey, this is what you need, this is what won't work, etc.
I know. I went through the same thing last year.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If a goat is registered with USBGA, can you use the papers to register with ABGA? I was looking at a buck registered USBGA. But all my stock is registered ABGA. So would I be able to send in his papers to register him with ABGA? Are the registration requirements the same?
You can register all you abga goats with usbga and then register the kids under usbga, just a thought :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts