Registration Question - selling a bred doe

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by kelebek, Jun 20, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am selling a doe that we will be getting the preg test back on friday for.

here is my question.....

I own "daisie" - she would be bred to one of my bucks..... If I were to sell her before the kids are born and she is moved to her new home before the kids are born - would said kids carry my herd name or the new owner's herd name?

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Your herd name. But the kids would have her tattoo's if they are born on her property. :thumb:

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Cool - Thanks for clarifying that!

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Yep, what RunAround said, and there is NO WAY to registered the kids unless the herd name is yours and the tattoo is from the farm they were born on.

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Depends on when you date her sale.

1- If you sold her today and she's already bred, then the resulting kids have your herdname.

2- If you sell her today, but she was already bred, but you or the buyer dates the papers to a date before she was bred, then the kids can take her herdname, not yours.

P.S. I forgot to add, you have to include a breeding memo in both situations. Also, the kids will have her tattoo, not yours. Herdname gives credit to who bred the goat, tattoo shows where it was born.

When she registers the kids she'll have to mark the sold part as prenatal as well.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Perfect - I want the kids to have my herd name so that it traces back to me and these are potential show kids..... :clap:

7. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC