Registration question

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Epona142, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Okay, say you have a doe registered with AGS.

You've found a lovely buck you'd like to breed her too. He's registered with ADGA.

What do you do?

:ponder:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    is he only ADGA registered?

3. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

I would use him. You can register the babies in AGS and ADGA

4. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    As far as I know, he is only registered with the ADGA. Right now, I personally am not registered with either.

I believe you can double register? Would that be something to do with the doe? Or can the kids be registered with either registry without double registering one of the parents.

If so, which should I register with? Or both?

So confusing!

5. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

You can register the babies under both, even if one parent isnt registered under it

You should register your doe in NDGA, AGS, and ADGA

6. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    So many! And myself? Should I register with everything under the sun? lol

I am contemplating just allowing the person who the doe is registered under remain the registered owner (I have no fear of repercussions from this, you guys would understand if you knew what doe I was talking about) because I am not registered with any and this doe is the only registered one in my herd. I would just like the kids to be able to be registered when I breed her to this buck, as I'd like to person who has the doe's paperwork to get a doeling if at all possible, and I wouldn't be adverse to keeping any doelings myself.

I may be procuring a registered buckling (AGDA) and possibly a doeling myself in the near future (doing some website work for a breeder), and then I may choose to register with the ADGA myself and then we can talk about transferring the doe to my name and double registering her I suppose.

I have to admit all the registries and what not get me confused!

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    stick with AGS for now --- it will be cheeper and then if you feel the need you can do ADGA -- not sure how important NDGA is in your area but NO ONE here does NDGA

8. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    No idea with NDGA, as I don't show and have no interest in it. Got my fill of that in the dog world, thank you very much!

So, say I register with AGS, herd name and what not etc etc. The doe is registered AGS. Buck is registered ADGA. Kids hit the ground. I am able to register them with AGS?

Thanks for being so patient with me :p

9. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    I have a similar situation. I have two does that are registered with AGDA. I bred them to a buck (not thinking about different organizations) knowing he was just registered. I then found out that he is registered with AGS. So-I joined AGS, and am currently registering my does with AGS also. Their babies can be dual registered (or so I hear-above post) even though the buck is only AGS. Make sense? It is all confusing. Now I'm just praying to get the same herd name and tattoo for both groups. Also (from what I hear) AGDA and AGS are the bigger/better organizations to register with. They are more widely recognized. Good luck!

10. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Oh, and I also meant to say-if you want to register your goats that are registered with either AGS or AGDA you just copy their papers and send along with payment for registration and you will be registered with the other organization...(the one you are not registered with now)

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    it should be easy enough to do by copying the papers -- but contact the registry you want to register them with and find out the process

12. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I think this is why I stick with unregistered goats. At least with dogs it was JUST AKC!

13. Wild Wind Farm

Wild Wind Farm New Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Northeast Ohio
    I have 2 does that are only reg. AGS, my bucks are reg. with AGS and ADGA. I have reg. their kids both AGS and ADGA with no problem, you just have to send in a copy of their reg. papers with the reg. application.

If you need help just call AGS or ADGS, they are very helpfull. You don't have to be a member, but it is cheeper if you are. I am a member of both and have my herd reg. with both also.

14. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

There is UKC too. :p

15. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    :laugh:

I just knew someone would come along and say that :wink: