Registry question

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, Mar 31, 2011.

  1. liz

    liz Well-Known Member

    Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Since I register doelings BEFORE they are sold, what do I need to have in order to complete the sales.
    ADGA, AGS and NDGA.....I know I need to transfer ownership by filling out the transfer on the back of the I still need to fill out Bill of Sale?
  2. Amos

    Amos New Member

    Oct 2, 2008
    I'm not sure about AGS or NDGA, but for ADGA if you already register the animal and you receive the official registration paper back, at the bottom, #12 I believe, there is a transfer area. The purchaser can fill that out and send it in (it does cost to transfer.. $5 I think..?) then they will receive one back with the animal in their name. Your name & info will be under the owner at birth/breeder section.

    For selling registered animals with ADGA you don't have to worry about a bill of sale.
    Hope that helps..

  3. SandStoneStable Farm

    SandStoneStable Farm New Member

    Dec 7, 2010
    The lady that sold me my AGS does gave me a bill of sale.
    Not sure if it was needed, but I sent it in and my transfer went smoothly, so I guess it can't hurt :)
  4. 4hmama

    4hmama New Member

    Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    I send a bill of sale with everything...that way they have it if they need it.
  5. PznIvyFarm

    PznIvyFarm New Member

    Jul 25, 2010
    What if you haven't registered them before the sale? I have waited a week for a response from AGS, but nothing so far.

    I sold all my wethers and one of the new owners would like her boys registered. No problem, since I haven't registered my girls yet, but I didn't know if I was supposed to register them under my name and then transfer them, or if I can register them under the new owner right away.

    If I can register them under the new owner right away, does it matter if she is not a member of AGS? (I didn't join until I purchased my does already registered and wanted to transfer them to my name)
  6. liz

    liz Well-Known Member

    Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thank you all! Amos, I did read that in the handbook for ADGA that a bill of sale wasn't neccesary.

    I will likely just fill out BOS for each though just so they are recorded.

    PznIvy....with AGS and NDGA, if selling to non-members and you fill out the paperwork and send it in the new owners name, you will need to do a Transfer AND registration with a bill of sale at the same time with the non member rate.
    If you register them in your name, you pay the member rate....then after you recieve the papers they can then be transferred by the new owner at the nonmember rate.
  7. kelebek

    kelebek New Member

    Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ags you need a bill of sale as there is not a spot to sign on the certificate itself
  8. StaceyRosado

    StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

    Oct 4, 2007
    when I sell a kid they come with an application for registration.

    For AGS and ADGA there is a section on the application form that says "sold to" and then date of sale. This is the transfer and you do not need a BOS. THe new owner then has to pay for the registration fee and the transfer fee.

    When I sell an adult goat or a kid I chose to sell later after registering the process for AGS is they need a BOS with ADGA the BOS is attached to their registration certificate. You just fill out the bottom portion and they are good to go.