The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to reintroduce Agustus to the herd today. He is almost a week old and alot stronger. He gets along okay with his sibling Abby and Wildflower tolerates him. She will not let him nurse or really pay much attention to him but she doesn't buck him either. I have him in a kidding stall with Abby and Wildflower. I still go out and bottle feed him. Is it safe for me to leave him with her. Abby nurses and I milk out Wildflower for Agustus. I don't have a stall that I can put Agustus in (due to the fact my other stall will be used hopefully soon for Jamine and her kids). I do let Wildflower out with the herd for part of the day and just leave the two kids together. I do have a heat lamp in the stall. Suggestions to make this transition? What do others do when one kid is a bottle baby and one nurses? :whatgoat:

·
Super Moderator
82,572 Posts
Put mom out... with the herd first... so the adults.. can get there pecking orders done...then after things settle down ...put the kids out there..... so they don't get in the way and get hurt....... see how it goes.... If all is fine... they should be OK... Good luck... :wink:

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mom is okay with the other goats. I am more concerned about her with agustus. He was with me in the house the first week due to being very weak and needed to be syringe/bottle fed. I put him out this morning and so far so good. Wildflower and the two kids are in a seperate stall. She won't let him nurse or only once in a while so I am still going out every few hours to give the bottle but he is curled up sleeping next to his sister. Mom is laying near by. She isn't being loving but not mean either. I will keep a good look on them.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well day two and things seem okay. He wants to nurse but Wildflower wants no part of it. She is a little more loving to him in general though. Still running out every 2-3 hours to bottle feed except during the night I let it go 7

1 - 7 of 7 Posts