The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

It's been a LONG time since I last posted, and I was such a newbie that I'm not sure that anyone here would even remember me! I have been reading the forum a lot, though - you all have gotten me through dealing with scours, copper deficiency, suspected urinary calculi (which thankfully wasn't), worming dosages, etc. So thank you all!

My little herd nearly doubled this spring with the arrival of 5 kids - three doelings and two bucklings. The doelings are going to be the first to carry our herd name (I'm still awaiting approval from the ADGA, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!), which is really exciting! These are also the first kids sired by my purebred Lamancha buck, Chester. I though that I'd share a few pictures. These are all from the spring, so everyone's grown a lot - I'll have to take some more recent photos soon!

BelaBela (called Bela) was our first kid of the year - she was born on Easter Sunday, which was also her mama's 2nd birthday! I have to admit that I was nervous about what kind of mother Peanut would be since she struck me as being so immature, but she did very well. Bela has a bit of her mama's naughty streak, but she can also be very darling and loves to be pet and scratched.

Margo had two beautiful bucklings this year. They are sweet sweet boys named Orville (the white) and Wilbur (the gray). They will be harvested this fall - it's going to be hard to say goodbye to them!

Lastly, Alice kidded with two tiny doelings a full week before her due date. Some of you might remember that Alice is my doe who came up CAE positive after I bought her. I really disliked the idea of pulling kids every year, so I decided to try breeding her once in the hopes of getting a replacement doeling. She gave me two that I pulled and bottlefed, and I am REALLY hoping that they test negative. Alice is retired as a pet now. She has improved so much this summer - she was in really rough shape in the spring and it took me some time to realize that she was severely copper deficient. How her coat, which used to be rough and patchy, is incredibly slick and shiny and she's put on quite a bit of weight. Her daughters really take after her and have her sweet personality as well. The girl with the wattles is named Margaret, and the girl with the bit of white on her leg is Adelaide. They are growing up beautifully!

(Please excuse the fact that I am covered in milk stains in that last photo. Teaching the these two to drink from a bottle was a messy business!)

The last bit of news is that my husband and I are expecting a baby of our own mid-September! We are incredibly excited. :)

I am also really looking forward to the ADGA Nationals in Minnesota next year - I'm planning to at least go and watch, and I'm hoping to meet a few of you in person!

·
Banned
1,705 Posts
They are cuties!!!

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,991 Posts
I love the black and tan babies!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Your 'kids' are so darn cute! I LOVE the Munchies!!!

And Congrats! I bet your excited expecting one of your own!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
^ I want one SO bad! I have been talking to a breeder here in NH.... He said I can come see his goats... I am trying to convince my mom LOL!

·
2,377 Posts
Oh.. those are so cute. Love the little face looking straight at us. So cute. Congratulations to you and your husband. Very exciting news!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want one SO bad! I have been talking to a breeder here in NH.... He said I can come see his goats... I am trying to convince my mom LOL!
I hope that you can convince her! I love love love my LaManchas - it's amazing how those tiny ears grow on you. :)

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
KatieT said:
I want one SO bad! I have been talking to a breeder here in NH.... He said I can come see his goats... I am trying to convince my mom LOL!
I hope that you can convince her! I love love love my LaManchas - it's amazing how those tiny ears grow on you. :)
Thanks! Me too! It's the ears that she doesn't like LOL!

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,072 Posts
J.O.Y. Farm said:
^ I want one SO bad! I have been talking to a breeder here in NH.... He said I can come see his goats... I am trying to convince my mom LOL!
Oh wow, how fantastic! I can't wait to meet the mommas of my future girl. :wahoo:

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Not sure if he will be going to a show I am planning on this Sept... If he is I hope to meet him there!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats all the way around! :leap: Beautiful little ones!

Joy,
I hope your mom gives in, I hear their wonderful goats to have. I cant get over the ears on them either. LOL They kinda weird me out a bit. I have the same problem with flat faced dogs and cats though. Love em to death, but they still weird me out. LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts