Relaxing in the OBX

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by StaceyRosado, Aug 14, 2010.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    On vacation to the Outer Banks of North Carolina

I put pictures on my blog of our trip.

http://agirlandhergoats.blogspot.com/

I hope to keep updating it since I HAVE INTERNET :leap:

Yes I am a product of my generation :p

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    great pics ... :thumb: .....looks relaxing... :wink: .....and fun in the sun... :sun:

3. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    Wow looks like fun! I can't wait to see more pics and hear more about the trip! How long will you be there?
    I haven't been to the beach in YEARS :( Growing up we always drove down from Indiana to Florida 1-3 times a year! I LOVED the trips! We'd take my dads Chevy truck w/camper shell on, and back then you could be a minor and sit in the back <I know it's against the law now or at least in some states>. We'd spread out blankets and sleep, listen to radio/cassettes, do crossword puzzles, etc. I LOVED going through the TN/GA mountains, but nothing like hitting that FL state line visitor center! The excitement!
    Okay, I am seriously going to make myself sick with this LOL I'm hoping we can do a family vacation next summer! My kids have never been to the ocean, nor taken a vacation other than going to TN a couple of times.

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    we leave on Saturday.

I will post more pictures for sure :) and more quotes too. I love my family - we have lots of fun.

Today is a beach day and then tomorrow we have a kayak tour booked.

Never been to OBX so this is a first for all of us.

I live like 50 min from the beach in NJ but dont go that often. I went last monday and got HORRIBLE sunburn! Its all pealing today and today is the first day it doenst hurt like heck! Im not a big beach person.

I love our family vacations - last years was a bit of a bummer but this year is already starting off better so heres hoping it stays that way

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    beach day today -- I must say the beach here is awesome.

pictures on my blog :)

6. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I'll have to get over and look at the pics :) Glad you're having so much fun!
    I think my favorite beaches were always the one in St. Augustine, FL. The city itself is the oldest standing city in the US, and just fascinates me.
    Besides that there is a beach down in the Florida Keys - at a state park that we always went too when we went down that way, and it was amazing, especially for snorkeling.

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    more pictures posted on my blog -- we went on a kayak trip and all survived :p I saw a alligator I do believe too so that was cool (we dont get alligators in Jersey and never been far enough south before.)

tomorrow is hopefully another beach day if the weather holds and doesnt rain on us

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    looked like a lot of fun!