The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
goat girl x0x0
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone!
I found a new, and slightly different version of the microwave mudcake in a mug!
Tried it out this morning, but I'm not really cake-savvy so I'm not sure if it was up to scratch. (Tasted nice enough :-D)

Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoon butter (can replace with oil)
- 2 tablespoon water (can replace with milk, nicer that way)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract/essence
- 1 dash of salt (optional, I didn't bother)
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar. (I only used 2, 4 seemed way too much)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
-4 tablespoons all-purpose flour. (I used self-raising, worked fine. Also, as with the sugar, I only used 2, 4 seemed too much)

Method:
1. In a large mug, put in the butter and melt in the microwave. Add water (or milk), vanilla and optional salt.
Mix well
2. Add cocoa, miz well. Add sugar, mix well. Add flour. Mix well (again?!)
3. Microwave for 60-90 seconds. The recipe says it should be slightly molten (runny?). I did 75 seconds to be in the middle and it was cooked all the way through. Maybe 60 seconds might result in a more gooey yummy cake.

Viola! Enjoy with ice cream or just alone :D
If anyone tries, I'd love to hear about your experiences and what you think about it. I might add choc chips next time :eek:hlala:

Edit: I just realised this is almost exactly the same as the old recipe, just without an egg and slightly different proportions :oops:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.