The Goat Spot Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
UPDATE: Just wanted to let everyone know who participated in this thread, the blood has stopped since breeding her. She is due around June fourth and had a sonogram on Tuesday, looks like twins. After consulting with two Universities, this forum and other sheep and goat areas in my area and beyond, the consensus points to hormonal imbalance, and she just needed to do desperately what goats are raised to do: have a babies. Having her ovaries removed seemed pretty extreme. Thanks again for all who responded in this thread. Please wish her well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
UPDATE: Just wanted to let everyone know who participated in this thread, the blood has stopped since breeding her. She is due around June fourth and had a sonogram on Tuesday, looks like twins. After consulting with two Universities, this forum and other sheep and goat areas in my area and beyond, the consensus points to hormonal imbalance, and she just needed to do desperately what goats are raised to do: have a babies. Having her ovaries removed seemed pretty extreme. Thanks again for all who responded in this thread. Please wish her well.
*other sheep and goat owners in my area (I meant to say)

·
Registered
29,942 Posts
Glad things worked out. Best wishes on pending babies!!

Reactions: LittleGreenBarn
41 - 44 of 44 Posts