The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered replamin just to have on hand because I see it suggested so often. It comes in this huge tube I know this is stupid but... how do I dose it out/ get it out of the tube?

·
Registered
756 Posts
You have to buy the dispensing gun. Kind of looks like a big caulking gun. Some people press the end with a wooden spoon, but for dosing accuracy it's way easier to just buy the gun.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I press in with my fingers until I’ve used it too much to reach, and my fingers hurt trying to push paste out of the tube. Then I figured out the probiotic paste tube I have fits perfectly in the back of the replamin tube to push it out…The replamin tube also fits over the top of T-post. Bahaha!🤣 figured that out the other day while I was desperately trying to jam things into the back side of the tube to get the paste out.🤣

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,878 Posts
The applicator gun makes it so easy. We love replamin around here. Haven't had to use it in a good while but it's good stuff! Since we got the applicator gun, we look for all the tubes in the big 300ml size!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You'll be glad you bought the big amount in the long run. It's a lot cheaper per dose than the small tube. And once the get the applicator gun you can get Probios in the larger amount too. It's a real savings.
@MellonFriend so the probios that say for cattle? I'm sure it's all the same stuff but just checking... also what would the dosage be for the goats 5cc?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would use probiotics made for ruminants, it is made for them.
Whether it is a goat or cattle.
I believe they may be different than for horse, as horses do not have rumens.
Thanks toth, the one I was looking at is for ruminants, cattle, so I'll go with that or there's one specific to goats I saw!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts