Reprimanding a Goat{s}

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by rocky_ridge_goats, Oct 26, 2010.

1. rocky_ridge_goats

rocky_ridge_goats New Member

Aug 6, 2010
    I have 2 goats, one is named Bill, and the other is Cricket. Well, they are both sweeties, but when they aren't getting what they want, they do weird things- they lip my arm, and then drag their top teeth painfully across my arm for about two inches. I don't know how to stop making them do this, although I have been pushing their faces off of my arm and saying "NO!" in a commanding tone.
    They also jump on me and my other family. I think this stems from when they were both sick, I would set them on my lap and give them a bottle because they couldn't stand well {they hand pnumonia or some sort of virus very close to it} and I stopped that once they got better. I do the same, I push them off and say "NO!" in a commanding tone.

Are there any better ways I can reprimand them so they stop? I don't think I could hit them, but if worse comes to worst, I will. Any hints or suggestions? :whatgoat:

2. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    You could try a squirt bottle...I know some folks on the boards have had success with that.

3. KFOWLER

KFOWLER New Member

Oct 5, 2010
    OKLAHOMA
    :ponder: Hmmm...maybe I should try the squirt bottle with my teenage son??!! :slapfloor:

4. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    flick their nose when they mouth you like that. as to the jumping i treated it like i would a dog that jumps

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :ROFL:

I agree with the squirt bottle.... :wink:

I sometimes smack their nose..... :thumb:

6. rocky_ridge_goats

rocky_ridge_goats New Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Thanks for the help, everyone!

7. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    yep a squirt bottle with vinegar/water mix and a good knee in the gut when they jump up on you. They learn quick. ;)

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    No problem....anytime.... :thumb: :greengrin:

9. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    But goats dont have top teeth, only bottoms unless you are talking about the teeth in the back of the mouth.