Required photos on myotonic registration?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by animalluvr, Nov 17, 2011.

1. animalluvr

animalluvr New Member

Feb 12, 2011
    I finally got some good side shots of my fainting goats so now I just need to mail off the registration applications, but I'm having trouble with the photo sizes.

The application says: "Two pictures of one side of the goat must accompany the application. Photo should be approximately 2 ½“ x 2 ½“ in order to fit on the registration certificate."

Would a regular wallet size photo be okay? I think that is the smallest size you can get printed? Or should I buy my own paper, print them myself & measure it? Shutterfly wants $28 for 16 wallet prints (plus shipping). I'd hate to buy them & then they say they're too big.

2. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    You can use a 3X 5 photo and cut it down to size. I personally use the Myotonic Herdbook for our registry. www.themhb.net You can fill out your registrations online once you join and upload the photos from your browser. You get a copy of your registration certificate immediately as well. ;) Doesn't get better than that....

3. To answer your question, yes a wallet size will be fine for your registrations, that is what I use for MGR. IFGA I use the online process. I will do the same with TMH when I start sending them in. I believe AFGO is mail in too at this time but I have not started sending things into them yet.

IFGA- International Fainting Goat Association
    MGR- Myotonic Goat Registry
    AFGO- American Fainting Goat Organization
    TMH - Myotonic Herd Book.

In the end we will have joined them all and will be able to register with anyone folks prefer on their kids or one of each should the buyer decide.