Requirements for raising goats - you'll like this

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Jan 7, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    I came across this in an old old goat book.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is so true.....I like that.... :)

3. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio

LOL.....I really like the first requirement, and it is an absolute must!
  4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    -an understanding Parent :ROFL:
  5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Haha those are good. We never had livestock growing up though I did my best to persuade my parents that we needed them. Anyway, I lucked out with a very understanding husband. He's very helpful too even though he doesn't get into animals like me. :love:
  6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    So glad you shared that keren, they all hold true, especially the understanding spouse!
  7. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I have neither a spouse or an understanding parent. . .. :sigh: but I am very munipulative, does that count for something . . .?
  8. karmouth

karmouth New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    ocala, FL
    Growing up in the city on what I thought was a extra large lot, I beg my parents for a horse /pony . I was also going to be a vet .When I was in the 6th grade I was told for every A I could go to the riding stable for a 1 hr trail ride . I got 5 . All dates as a teenager had to include a day date to the stable to ride . their expense of course. I only went out with my husband because he had a horse and as a divorced mom of 2 there was no longer extra money to go riding . 25 yrs later we are still together and not only is he understanding ,I could not do MY goats without him. When ever I need something built or fixed that he already built and my lil darling broke he jumps right to it . He also knows that our live revole around them . He is the best . So yes a understanding spouse is #1
    No I didn't make it to vet school but I have gotten pretty good at taking care of animals.