The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Registered Boer goat farm consist of 10 Boer breeding does and 2 bucks
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today we picked up 2 goats a doe and a buck from a friend who had gotten them dropped off at their house by an old friend and they had nowhere to put them they already had pygmies but the buck was mean to them, so we picked them up and the poor was only 6 months old when she was bred and we were told and she lost the baby after it was born about a month ago so she would only be a year old and when I say my heart aches at her condition, she is extremely selenium and copper deficient she is also extremely growth stunted and her hooves are overgrown, she just looks so beaten down and she might be bred again because the people that used to have them before they were dropped at a friends house, housed them together and tommorow the buck is going to market he is just wild but were keeping her and giving her TLC for a while before she goes outside again, any suggestions on what else we should do for her?

·
Super Moderator
83,799 Posts
Poor girl, she is lucky to have you.
Is she anemic, if so, be careful how you worm her.
I honestly would get a fecal for worms and cocci first so you know how to treat her and not waste time guessing.
Also, if she is pregnant and if she is very unhealthy, you might have to give lute or preg test her to know for sure. Being pregnant is hard on them as it is and we want her to get better. Something to think about.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Poor girl, she is lucky to have you.
Is she anemic, if so, be careful how you worm her.
I honestly would get a fecal for worms and cocci first so you know how to treat her and not waste time guessing.
Also, if she is pregnant and if she is very unhealthy, you might have to give lute or preg test her to know for sure. Being pregnant is hard on them as it is and we want her to get better. Something to think about.
We are planning to do that but first her hooves need a major trim poor girl has a hard time standing so after the buck goes she'll have a full make over

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Her case is worse then we thought she had almost white eyelids and her hooves are terrible but not gone yet we wanna try to save her after losing to disease and parasites these past 2 years to show you her condition I'll take a picture of her tommorow

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
0630201437.jpg
0630201437b.jpg

This is the condition she is in now definitely better then when we picked her up but with how skinny she is CAE is still on the table with her

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Oh wow poor girl:( She is very pretty though:) So glad you are taking good care of her(thumbup) YOur doing a great job:great::goodjob:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh wow poor girl:( She is very pretty though:) So glad you are taking good care of her(thumbup) YOur doing a great job:great::goodjob:
Thank you she is a pretty girl if she can survive the rest of this week and next week and comes back negative for Cae then she'll be staying here

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
She's outside today eating grass but I can say she's looking better than ever today she met the other girls through the fence and is just munching away

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How is she doing now? She's a really pretty girl
She's doing a lot better we have her in the pasture she's gaining weight and were trying to get her coat nice and shiny again she's survived so far I think shell make it for breeding when she's all nice and healthy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts