The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Uc is commonly caused by the imbalance of calcium : phosphorus ratio. A little alfalfa is safe and adds easy to digest nutrients.
Can you post a pic of the "tumor" thing?
Yes..tsc should carry the tetanus antitoxin. Make sure it says antitoxin. It's a small 5 cc vile.
I am procuring some at this moment!! Thank you!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Uc is commonly caused by the imbalance of calcium : phosphorus ratio. A little alfalfa is safe and adds easy to digest nutrients.
Can you post a pic of the "tumor" thing?
Yes..tsc should carry the tetanus antitoxin. Make sure it says antitoxin. It's a small 5 cc vile.
Dog breed Plant Grass Fawn Tree

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I have to be honest here.
In my opinion, he needs a vet to look at him, test the lump for cancer, check for urinary stones, X-ray his jaw, etc.

With these issues, it could be why he cannot gain weight.
If he has cancer cells, it can cause weight loss.

Some diseases can also cause it.

Having a broken jaw, if it isn’t aligned properly, he cannot grind, chew his food and cannot bring up regurgitated cud properly, so he cannot absorb nutrients.
He is in critical condition, all in which is working against him unfortunately. :(
I know ...we are trying to do what we can till vet can come out...in the mean time...

·
Super Moderator
31,793 Posts
I too agree with Pam.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thought I’d give update...”Samson” seems to be doing good and is eating and drinking and we’ve doctored hooves and him. Pink has returned to inner lids!! Urinating better and loves to see my neighbor coming LOL! Definitely bonded with her. Feeling positive

·
Super Moderator
31,793 Posts
Good news!!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Thought I’d give update...”Samson” seems to be doing good and is eating and drinking and we’ve doctored hooves and him. Pink has returned to inner lids!! Urinating better and loves to see my neighbor coming LOL! Definitely bonded with her. Feeling positive
That's wonderful! Sounds like you may not need the ammonium chloride, though it's good to have on hand. I've never had to use it, but have shared with another goat owner who had an emergency.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts