Reserved a doeling, have to choose another pairing now :(

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by TinyHoovesRanch, Jan 5, 2011.

1. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

This is just for an early birthday present, I FINALLY found a really nice breeder near me that has wattle goats, her kids show in 4H and her goats are actually really nice.

Shes not a big breeder or anything, but I love working with her and really want to try and get a baby from her. Shes SUPER nice, and I know shes going to be big one day, her breeding program is amazing!

http://www.3gfamilyfarm.com/id16.html

OK! Here are my choices, which pairing would be the best?

Starbucks Taylor Maid- MCH Piddlin Acres PV ShanghiKnight

Sly Farms SP Dignity- Little Dipper R Big Spender

Sly Farms S Firecracker- 3G SK Knight Flurry

3GFF BB Ginger Ale- 3G SK Knight Flurry

Wouldnt mind getting a doe out of her
    CH Copper Penny Dragon Lady *D- Fairlea Barnaby Rudge

Let me know PLEASE!!

Im leaning more toward The first pair, because ive seen Taylors udder, and the buck has thrown nice udders

2. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Re: Going to reserve a doeling, need help deciding!

Congrats, thats very exciting! :) I like the first doe also, and Ginger Ale

3. TinyHoovesRanch

Thanks! Im really excited to FINALLY have a wattle goatie in my herd, plus this breeder is really amazing and I think we can both work together!

I like Ginger Ale, met her dad before and WOW hes such a nice buck! I have a daughter from him!

4. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon

Taylor Maid is a gorgeous doe with a HUGE udder. Definitely contact Sly Farms to ask about her.... they just recently (reluctantly) parted with her... so I know they'd be very knowledgeable and have lots of pics...and they are SUPER DUPER nice people! But if my memory serves me right, she has a huge gorgeous udder that I loved!
    And Shanghai Night is a good solid buck who produces nice offspring, atleast that's what I've heard. Little Dipper Farms has (or had) him for a long time... they are also super nice and would probably dish out lots of info for you too.

That would definitely be my pick off the top of my head...
    The others I'd have to reseach more....

5. TinyHoovesRanch

Ya she had a NICE udder, Ive seen it, and her, I have actually pet her and saw her in action. Shelly(slyfarms) was my 4H leader so I know how awesome she is, she REALLY didnt want to sell Taylor, it was very hard for her to give that doe up.

Thanks for helping, I think that is who Im going to put a deposit on, I need to hurry though, her kids are due pretty soon! I hope I make it in time and she gives me a cute little wattle doe!

I wish you lived closer Traci, I would LOVE to get some babies from you, or even trade babies!

6. TinyHoovesRanch

7. Bellafire Farm

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon

OMGosh - you're kidding - She was your 4H leader!! YOU are so lucky!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE so many of her doe's!!! I cannot wait to get the opportunity to see her farm show (and Sarah w/Castle Rock too!!).

YOUR SO LUCKY! :leap:

8. TinyHoovesRanch

Ya shes the Wilton 4H leader, Ive met all her does and her lovely buck! Shes very nice, OH and I met sarah and all her goats, even the famous Montego and Guy noir! Going to castle rock was the highlight of my year, I got to meet all my favorite goats and I got to bottle feed like 60 babies lol

If you ever come down here, you should go to both farms, they love visitors

I really want to try to get a doe from Shelly too but alot of them are related to my Buck argh! Im still going to try though, Catalina is my favorite doe of hers! Plus shes my bucks half sister

9. Bellafire Farm

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon

Catalina is one of my favorites too!

I've actually met some of Sarah's doe's when they came up to Kaylee's to get bred (Algedi Farms). I figure if Sarah is a friend of Kaylee's then she's probably super nice! Kaylee (and her family!) are so wonderful!

10. TinyHoovesRanch

Sarahs one of the nicest breeders, When I first met her I was looking to buy a buck. I wanted one from Algedi Farms Purple Rain, but I couldnt afford one, so I told her that, and she said we could do payments for Jasper and thats how I got him!

Jaspers a Half sister of Cat, so Im very happy!

11. comingsummers

comingsummers New Member

May 6, 2010
    Northern New Mexico

I'm not into ND's, but I just had to say that those are beautiful goats. If I'd come across some like that when I was looking I may have liked the ND's better! I think whichever one you pick should be wonderful. Good luck!
    PS wattles are great!

12. Bellafire Farm

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon

I am also looking into getting a Purple Rain kid sometime too...maybe next year.... depends what I come up with in my own herd in 2011...

PS. I'll (hopefully-crossed fingers!) have a doeling travelling down to So. Cali around June 2011... might be able to have a buddy travel down there with her... just thought I'd let you know... mess with your head a bit - LOL!! :p

13. TinyHoovesRanch

Good luck with a Purple Rain kid haha she said she has a long reservation list, and did you SEE the price for a kid?? 700!!!

Let me know if you want to come to nor cal haha I would love a baby! If I have the room and money bahahaha

14. TinyHoovesRanch

Well bad news....

Taylor kidded with a single buck...SO SAD! :(

15. Bellafire Farm

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon
    Re: Reserved a doeling, have to choose another pairing now :

wow, bummer!! And such tough choices now! Ahhhh!! :)

I'd say Dignity x Spender
    Or possibly the Dragon Lady doe

I've always liked that Spender buck...and his daughters udders have turned out really nice...from what I've seen. Love the rear on him the best...the rump, angulation, just :drool: ... he's got "the look"... love it.

Hard to say with the doe's though, their udders don't look so good in some of the pics...their probably much better in person... just those darn camera angles sometimes! :p

16. TinyHoovesRanch

I know! I was so sad! lol Taylor is really big and shes always had ALOT of babies

Im thinking Dignity too, shes a good doe and im totally in LOVE with spenders kids, they have been pretty good from what I have seen in person.

If I want first choice then I have to tell her, im just sad, I really wanted a knight kid, since hes getting old and not really breeding much anymore.

But if Dignity will be good then I will take her lol shes a Knight granddaughter

17. Dunfactor

Dunfactor New Member

Dec 10, 2009

Laura,

Darn!

I have my fingers tightly crossed that Dignity has a beautiful wattled doeling for you! :pray:

Tracy

18. TinyHoovesRanch

Thanks SO much!

If Dignity doesnt, I will just go to the next really nice one LOL