Rest in Peace Dawn

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by RunAround, Aug 24, 2008.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I know you are in better hands now Dawn. Your watching over your little buckling who didn't make it and your trips who didn't make it. It will be hard to go to the barn and not see you anymore, but at least you are no longer in pain. I know the battle was too much for you and I understand. You will live on through your daughters and sons.

Here she is the day before she fell ill with mastitis:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and a few days before that:
    [​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Rest in Peace dear Dawn

3. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    She looks so sweet- I;m so sorry that you lost her- rest in peace little girl.

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    So sorry....at least she can be at peace now. And what gorgeous babies she left behind for you!

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    She is continuing to do now for her lost babies as she has for the babies you still have....being an excellent mommy, such a pretty girl. Rest in Peace Dawn :angel:

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh, I have tears in my eyes. So, so sorry :hug: :tears:

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    I am so very sorry for your loss. Rest in peace beautiful and precious Dawn. :grouphug:

8. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    I am so sorry that you lost Dawn. Hope the babies are doing ok without her.

9. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thank You everyone. Her kids are doing good. Thankfully I taught them all how to take the bottle. They miss mom and she was such an awesome mom too. :sigh:

10. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I"m so sorry you lost her, she's at rest now :hug:

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    she was so beautiful,,sorry for your loss....... :pray:

12. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I picked a bunch of wild flowers today and put them over her grave. It made it feel more complete to me. I didn't have time to last night since it was dark by the time everything was said and done. I also cuddled with one of her doe kids and she fell asleep in my lap. Such a sweet moment.

13. goatshows

goatshows New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    MA
    i have met dawn before she was a really sweet doe. hope you enjoyed her for the time you had her. sorry for your loss. at least she gacve you a gift of a doe kid before she passed.

turely sorry for you.

14. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Runaround, I was gone when this came up. I am so sorry about your loss. She is in better hands and she blessed you with beautiful babies.
    I know nothing can take the pain away, but at least you have those adorable babies to carry on her name. :hug:

15. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

16. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Oh my gosh Ashley, Im so sorry you lost her. :( I cant believe I missed this!

17. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
  18. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    It was a year ago today that I had to put you down sweet girl. Just wanted you to know I still think of you. :angel:

19. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I am so sorry. I know how you feel. No matter how long, when you think of past goaties you've lost, you can't help but shed tears. :tears: :hug: :hug:

20. BetterBuckskins

BetterBuckskins New Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Taxachusetts
    I remember two things the most about her, how much she loved kids, and how much she loved treats, she was the most amusing beggar goat I have ever seen, with the most talented tongue!
    Every once in a while one of the goats will go after a treat with it's tongue like that and I immediatly am reminded of her and her antics. :)