Rest in Peace Little Buddy

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by ProctorHillFarm, Dec 30, 2009.

1. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Today was an awful day- I just got home not long ago from the vets.
    Our little Chi/Jack Russel mix (our best guess- he was a pound puppy) has been on and off for the past week, but nothing I could put my finger on, well last night he started acting really off and was taking very heavy short breaths, well the vet didnt open until 1 today, and I called as soon as they were open. Took him in tonight, and they had to run a blood panel on him, turns out he was in acute kidney failure, to the point that our only option was euthanasia.

It was awful- my 11 year old step son was with me and is devastated. Those two have been inseperable ever since they met.

Rest in Peace little buddy- you left us too soon, and if there had been anything we could have done, we would have done it

Chiquito's Story

Mr magoo was his name, he called the Harrisburg Humane Society "home".
    I met him because I was leaving college and moving into my own apartment in the city and had to have a dog "for protection" So I walked by this Mr Magoo (who was quickly renamed Chiquito), who was so sad in his little crate and just had to have him.
    Well the problem was I wasnt even moved out of my dorm room yet, and well "no pets allowed" but I snuck him in anyway, it was great for a day or two until we got busted! So they kicked us out on our butts, and I had to rent a hotel room for the two of us to stay in until my apartment was ready!
    Finally we moved in, we were on the third floor and let me tell you, taking him down those steps a few times a day to go potty was a huge pain in the rear! But he loved his walks along the river and was always the tough guy on campus in his small 10 lb package.
    We lived there for a little while, until we moved to Massachusetts to live with my then fiance, now husband, and his son. Well it was love at first sight and my little Chiquito was no longer "my" dog!
    We had our ups and downs, Chicquito was really naughty about going potty outside and liked to pee on the bathroom floor (especially if he was mad at you!) and was never ending in the trash can shredding things.....introducing him to horses was fun too, I remember he met my mare and took off after her barking and literally grabbed her tail with his mouth and was hanging on to her tail while she ran across the pasture!
    He got hit by a car- TWICE- and lived! We used to laugh and joke that he was really a cat and had nine lives.
    The wild man in his younger days, a non stop ball of bouncing energy, had slowly started to slow down over the past year, I had a hunch he was a bit older than originally told by the humane league, we guessed his age to be somewhere between 7 and 10. I had the pleasure of owning him for 5 out of those years.

Good bye little buddy- I know you are back to your bouncing happy troublesome little self now, and we will try not to miss you too much, but the house is already not the same without you.

He was truly mans best friend, in this case it was an 11 year old little boy's best friend whose life you have forever changed. Thank You.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry...for your loss :( ...it is never easy....and my heart goes out to your family.... :hug:

He was adorable... :love:

3. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I am so sorry! It's never easy to loose a dog that you grow up with! :cry: :hug: :hug:

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sorry your little man left you, he knew how much you all love him :hug:

What a handsome little buddy for sure, that ornery twinkle in his eye will surely be in your heart forever :hug:
    Rest in peace Chiquito.

5. Sorry for your loss.

I prey the Lord looks over you and your family and gives you the peace and understanding needed for a time like this.

God Bless.

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am so sorry. It must hurt horribly. Just remember, you gave him the best life he could of ever had. He is now pain free and running.

7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Sorry you lost him. :( I'm sure your step son is taking it hard. Tell him I am very sorry for his loss as well. :hug:

8. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

beautiful dog . . .sorry you lost him . . . :( i lost my pomeranian of 14 years this year as well, so I understand. :cry:

9. Rainbow Meadows Farm

Rainbow Meadows Farm New Member

May 26, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Just saw this post, I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you all. It is not gonna be the same coming for a visit without him greeting us. Tell your 11 yr old how sorry I am too.

My thoughts will be with you.

10. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    I am so sorry for the loss of your friend - I have dogs and its so hard when they go. Hugs.

11. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Thank you everyone- you always wake up the next morning hoping it was a bad dream. I know we did everything we could for him, but it's just so different around the house without him.
    Even my husband was moping around this morning- and he used to get sooo angry with the little bugger....

Hopefully 2010 will be a better year- we had to put two dogs to sleep this year :(

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    i am so sorry for your loss - :tears: :hug: