The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I am so sorry!

Failure for others to do as we would do is such a frustrating thing. It is hard to do all the farm things knowing another person can't help if you can't be there. When I had covid earlier this year, I was out for a few days. My mom insisted she did everything just as I told her. When I was able to walk outside, hay feeders were empty, a few goats had empty water buckets, three pens had water buckets that had a lot of poop in them. Chickens also had very poopy water. I was so devestated to learn basic care was not provided. It is such a feeling of betrayal. Thankfully, all my babies seemed okay. I was so mad. If I knew, I would have rallied myself up to do chores. There were a bunch of excuses made. It is so hard when you realize you can trust no one with your animals...I just had all this guilt, but I wasn't the person who SHOULD have been feeling that guilt. Part of it is a lack of foresight by other people, like they do not have the imagination to see what could go wrong and fix it. They just assume things will be fine. They don't have the education about all the ways goats get sick or die by watching it happen to other people online. There is nothing that can be done now. I am sorry about that! If I had a time machine, I'd share it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts