Retail therapy

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by keren, Jun 30, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    So yesterday and today I did a serious bit of retail therapy ... really, really needed it. And it worked, I went from :( to :greengrin:

First, yesterday I gave in and bought a copy of Twilight (the book - I havent seen the movie). And I've gotta say, I loved it loved it loved it. Read it right through from start to finish in a few hours. Now I have to go find the DVD

Then today I had to take Humberto my truck to the mechanic ... and Dad gave me a lift back home, well on the way he wanted to stop at the hardware store, and I got a garden mulcher ... hoping and crossing my fingers that I can use it to make chaff from my hay, for the show angoras (because the hay plays havoc with my fleeces).

And the other thing I grabbed for the whole family (we've been wanting it for over a year) is a new Monopoly - the Australian Here and Now edition, which has debit cards and a little machine instead of monopoly money. hee hee, so cool, now I cant wait for everyone to come home from work so we can play monopoly.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh what fun!

I must be real happy because I tend to buy shoes when I am in not and I havent bought a pair of shoes in over a year!!!!!

Retail therapy DOES work :D

3. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    I buy a unisex item. A goat! A great gift for your male or female companion! Besides, many Ladies and Gentlemen buy many different things to scratch that purchasing itch, Gwen and I like to buy goats!

4. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I love going to garage sales, thrift stores, and auctions and shopping for antiques...makes me feel good without spending tons of $$...I buy what I like for myself and also pick up other things to resell. I usually come out ahead...you know what they say, "gotta spend money to make money."

I used to be a shoe girl...but then I realized that I had, like, 40 pairs of shoes but only wore 3-4 pairs regularly. LOL! Expensive hobby! :ROFL:

Atleast with antique/vintage items I know that If/when I get tired of something I can sell it for atleast what I paid--usually more. Not so with shoes... :ROFL:

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Ah retail therapy, its the greatest isn't it? I just bought a bunch of new books last month and I'm still running off that high :D I see Twilight has claimed another victim :lol: they are great books though :)

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    retail therapy ... :thumbup:

Now that you mentioned the book of Twilight was good I may have to see the movie now.. :wink:

I hope Humberto gets fixed,he is such a turd...LOL :greengrin:

garden mulcher's are neat I hope you will be able to use it...good luck... :)

The new Monopoly sounds like real fun.... ... :thumbup:

sounds great ..... :hi5:

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Love Twilight... :D best book EVER! ahem... :oops: And the movie is pretty good. ;)

Monopoly is awesome!

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Hmmmmm......I must be the odd one out here! I HATE TO SPEND MONEY!

When I'm down, I bake......and DH has the waistline to proove just how often I am down :greengrin:
    In the last week I made 3 dozen chocolate chip and 2 dozen white chocolate macadamia cookies, a batch of little apple pies and 2 batches of kool aid goat milk sherbert.

I should probably spend the money though.....less calories :wink:

9. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    lol you know I didnt know Twilight was actually a series ... I thought it was just one book ... now I NEED to get the others but I'm stuck here, cant get into town to buy the rest! I'm going :hair:

I've never really been a shoe girl myself ... all the other females in my family are though.

Oh tell you what, Humberto is driving me crazy. He doesnt start, so I call Roadside Assistance, they came out, he started perfectly! Then the other day, driving back from town, which is normally a 45min drive, it took me 2 HOURS to get home because it was raining and all of a sudden the windscreen wipers didnt work. So I had to keep pulling over to wait for the rain to stop. Not that I minded I had Twilight to read lol But then, when I went into the mechanic, the windscreen wipers worked perfectly! Grrrrr .... stupid car.

Lot of the time, I like going to the cheap shops ... I arm myself with $100 lol and head in there and buy a heap of goatie stuff ... feed pans, buckets etc. usually I can fill the whole car up with "stuff" for $100 ... how often does that happen?

I also love garage sales ... and we have 'boot sales' here ... I guess you would call it a trunk sale? Everyone brings stuff to the one place in the boot/trunk of their car (or on the back of a ute/truck) and its like everyone has a garage sale all in the one place. I usually take some young goats along, usually manage to sell them all as pets/lawnmowers and then I buy a heap of 'stuff and junk' there as well pretty cheap. It's great!

10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Sounds like Humberto is giving you a tuff time...that is odd... he only acts up with you....and behaves with the mechanic...The wiper thing......wow what a brat.....LOL :hug: :wink:

11. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    I think humberto loves my mechanic ...

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I dont like spending. I usually draw or paint when i'm in a crappy mood...but how could you be mad now??? the weather was BEAUTFUL today...it did rain for about 5min but then back to sunny and warm. :sun:

13. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    now thats just not fair. we have had forks like weather for the last 2.5 wks ... suppose I shouldnt complain this is probably more rain than we've had for the last 10 yrs, but still ... I havent been properly dry for 2 weeks!

14. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am not kidding here: it rained all but 6 days of June! thats 24 days of rain!!!! and it rained again last night

15. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    wow...last year I dont think we had any sunny days....I guess it all moved south because we've had full staright week of sun :sun: the goats love it. and the sun doesnt set so they stay out until late.