Returns?

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by RunAround, May 16, 2009.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Do any of you guys take returns when a goat dosen't work out?

I have someone who bought a mini-LaMancha and ND wether from me. She wants to trade the mini-mancha in for another wether because the LaMancha is too loud. Problem is I don't have another wether ready to go besides the other one she bought and can pick up soon.

I don't really know what to tell her, but I really can't take this goat back. I don't garentee(sp) goat's attitudes. If he was to come back he would have to go to freezer camp.(Please don't get angry about this. It's the way it is here. Every goat needs to contribute. I have not sent any goats to freezer camp so far, but I doubt I can find a home for this boy now since he is so loud and has learned screaming gets him human attention.)

The screaming wouldn't bother her, but her neighbor is complaining and they aren't even supposed to have livestock because they don't have enough land(She didn't tell me this until now. :roll:)

I don't know what to tell her!!! :GAAH: :hair: :help:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    No, he has the another wether she bought with him. She wants a total of three goats.

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    since he hasnt been around other goats but one she bought from you the health part shouldnt be an issue (CAE, CL Johnes) but I would tell her you dont have a wether to replace him but you will refund half the money and thats it or she can sell him herself to whoever.

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    It isn't to do with the health part since I already asked her if she let him around other goats. The issue is that I need to keep my numbers down/manageable while I am trying to move. She also reserved this kid and has been waiting to get him for 2 months. If I had known she didn't want a loud goat then I could have given her a diff. goat and sold him while he was still small and cute. He's big now. I'm just frustrated because she also never revealed that she wasn't supposed to have goats on her property!!! :sigh:

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    tell her due to your move at the end of the month you can not accept any animals back as space is limited at your new place.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I personally do not give refunds or take the goat back.. if they are simply not happy with the goat.... because it is to loud ...any breed can be loud at times.....they let you know when it is feeding time or doctoring ....they want the whole world to know........if the buyer was not suppose to have goats at her place in the first place....it is not your fault that she bought a goat from you .....and it is to noisy....you cannot predict ...how they will react.... when they get to there new homes........I will however....replace a goat .....if they buy a breeder....and if a doe cannot conceive or the buck is infertile.... it has to be verified by a vet in writing.....it other words ..... it has to be a ligament reason..

Personally I wouldn't take it back or refund the goat.....she can sell the goat....if she is not happy..... That's almost like buying a movie .....you take it home ...watch it...and you didn't like the movie.....The store won't let you take it back for a piddly reason.....it has to have a flaw of some kind......if you get my drift.... :wink:

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thank you toth, thats how I feel about it right now. I could understand if it was for a reason such as infertility, but this isn't the case. And with him being a wether he isn't supposed to be fertile, so that wouldn't be an issue. lol

I'm just so stressed right now between moving(And all the things that come with it), trying to figure out what goats I need to get rid of, and my own health. So I wanted to make sure I wasn't just being a pain to these people and that I was seeing things right.

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your very welcome...

...I think that your wether is infertile...LOL :greengrin:

Moving by itself... is very stressful......and to have a problem with a buyer... on top of that.... really does suck..... :hug:
    You are definitely seeing it right .......and as stacey said....tell them you only have so much space for goats at your new place.....

because the buyer is just unhappy... because the goat is to loud .... tell the buyers to sell him....and you will ask around ....and try to find a buyer.... if you can.....that you are very sorry... but cannot refund ....for that reason......I hope they can understand... :hug:

10. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    pam !-- you took the words out of my mouth!

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :wink: :ROFL:

12. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    yea i agree with pam on this one

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    thank you SDK.... :hug: :)

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    well it only makes sense that its the buyers responsibility on what theyre buying. runaround its not your fault that they bought that goat, when they knew they couldnt have them. :shrug: :hug:

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    good point Katrina..... :wink: :thumbup:

16. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Ashley, I agree with what everyone has said, he is not your responsibility and the fact that you can't take him back should be good enough reason for her...you didn't know he would be "loud" and it's not your problem.

That would be like me getting a goat and not be happy with her udder.....do I ask the breeder to take her back? No.