The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,700 Posts
That's just called an underbite?
Oh yeah, now I am wondering if I should cull that whole family line.
Her twin is normal mouthed. This was her mom's 2nd freshening, last year she had a normal single.
Both her mom & twin (and last year's kid) are taller,leggier goats.
Stumpy is built more like a tiny pygmy. She acts like a little bulldozer with the rest of the herd.
I know a lady you can Gmail. She takes in deformed, hurt, sick, etc goats. She takes them in from all over the US. If your interested I could tell you how to get in touch? She has a "goat sanctuary". She takes very good care of all her goaties. I think she has like 105 goats?.... Probably more by now.

·
Registered
Here On Oaks-n-Goats Farm We Are Raising Pets, And Mini/Full Sized Backyard Milkers.
2,700 Posts
Where is her ranch?
New Jersey. But like I said, this women takes in all kinds of goats from everywhere. Ever heard of Goats Of Anarchy? Thats her. You can look her up, shes awesome! All her goats get TOP care and all the love they can get! She takes in a lot of goats with disabilitys and deformments too. I would say 30% of her goats are in goat-wheel chairs

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I watched some of their websites but she's not that handicapped...
It's an impressive operation.
Over and over they stated that they are slowing/stopping intakes.
All the various prostheses are really impressive.
I would like to know more about the young goat with the helmet, too.
She doesn't just take in handies. That's why I suggested her😋. But im sure you'll find Stumpy a home!

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Just my personal thoughts here: if you think that Stumpy has issues that will cause problems for her later in life, the kindest thing you can do is butcher her, even if she doesn't provide much meat. Then you know she's had a good life and a humane end. If you part with her, you will no longer be certain of that.
I'm sure you'll do what's best.
I too agree.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts