Rhinestone kidded!

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by Sweet Gum Minis, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Its almost that time again, for new babies to arrive. Laurel Haven Rhinestone is bred to J-Nels SQ River Birch and is due 8-27 so she's on day 137 today. These pictures are from yesterday. She is a 3 year old first freshener so we're anxious to see this udder full and curious what she'll have. She was a good bit pudgy to begin with, though not huge. So I tend to think she'll have a single, but I am hoping for twins! Think pink! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a few more bred for November, but I don't know if any of them for sure settled or not. So its wait and see. Can't believe the full breeding season is nearly here!

2. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Re: Rhinestone due 8/27

In the last pic she looks like she is a little annoyed with all of the pictures. :) What a cutie!! Her udder looks awesome from the side!! That front attachment looks really good to me (but I am not an expert).

Is she a nigi or a mini?

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

nice doe....she is coming along nicely..... :thumb: :greengrin:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

I have to agree her forudder is looking good

I think she is big enough for twins :)

5. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA

I have a three year old first freshener due around September 15...her udder isn't that big yet, but she is definitely preggers. Can't wait to see what she spits out. Your girl is very PRETTY! Love those chocolate buckskins! Why did you wait until she was three years old for breeding? Mine was difficult to get bred. Hopefully how that she is going to kid she will cycle more normally. Congrats! Can't wait to see pics of her babies-looks like at least twins!

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

She's actually a Nigerian Dwarf. We raise mainly Nigerians. She's a dark buckskin, I do have a chocolate buckskin doe named Anna who's 10 and a chocolate buckskin Mini-Mancha doe too.

I didn't get Rhinestone till this year. She was kept as a pet before hand, hence the reason she was overweight. So when she got here she was bred. She might have my last River babies since River was sold.

Yes her udder is coming in nicely so far. I am anxious to see it full. She isn't skittish or wild at all but she's not the most friendly either so she wasn't happy about her photo session either. :p

7. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA

Gotcha. Sorry for the color mixup...she looks a bit like my chocolate buckskin, but I definite see the difference now. Good luck with her kidding!

8. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky

She's very pretty. I am curious with the pics standing next to the tree... how tall are the Nigerians vs. the Dwarf? Just curious as I don't think I've ever been around them. I've seen boers, nubians, pygmy, and Toggs but think that's about it.

BTW, I hope she surprises you with twins :)

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I call them knee high, but typically around 20 inches. Nigerians are the same size as Pygmies and are one of the two small breeds of goats. People use Nigerians crossed to full sized goats like Nubians, Lamanchas, Saanens, Alpines etc to creat the mini breeds. We have 2 full size Lamanchas and 7 Mini-Manchas.

Tomorrow is day 140! Getting closer! :D

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Rhinestone kidded, pictures are going up in the announcement section.

11. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    CONGRATS!!! I'll head over now to see them! And also I wanted to say thanks for the explination of the breeds/size.