The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of these bucks a good choice for these two does?

image-1152900405.jpg

The red buck is kenz firewall. His sire is backdraft.

Attachments

·
14,615 Posts
They would all produce awesome off spring! As far as I know, only outstanding bucks are collected & they have usually been ennobled.
We have a couple of 2Dox daughters.
He was 2:2.

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
I have a doe related to Tarz N Pipes (granddaughter) and Aged to Perfection. LOVE her! :) Actually several of our goats have Aged to Perfection close in their lines... including our paint buck Teflon. The owners of CRCR Aged to Perfection live only an hour away from us, so I see a lot of his progeny and kids related to him, and I think they are all really nice. Perfect Alibi is a son of Perfection and I have also seen some great kids from him!

I have also seen LOTS of Red Warrior kids over here, and like them too! All three of those bucks were owned by the same breeder at one point.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I like them all! Lol! Beautiful boys. Red Warrior is extremely attractive... he is my 'type', if you will ;) I agree that they would all pair well.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I am looking for color but i also really want to improve the conformation.
For the first doe i am looking at dark mark, kenz firewall, and red warrior. Which one do you guys think is better?
The 2nd doe pictured has a lot of dappled boers in her background. Her grand dam is from max boer goats. So I want to breed to to a buck who will give me dappled. Which buck is better, aged to perfection or perfect alibi?

I am getting the straws from biogenics so I am very limited to my choices!

Oops! I only see one picture of a do on my first post...

image-2599562551.jpg

This is the first doe.

image-867024596.jpg

The traditional doe towards the back with the side view is the second doe.

Attachments

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
If it were me, I would chose Aged to Perfection over Perfect Alibi. I have seen a lot more quality kids out of Perfection than Alibi. Alibi is out of Perfection actually, so there you go!

For your first doe I would chose Red Warrior. My reason being I haven't seen any kids from Dark Mark... I haven't looked for any, so they COULD be very nice! I just haven't seen any. I have seen lots of Warrior kids and do like most of them a lot.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Watts is my first choice
Red Warrior 2nd.

Im not a fan of the black buck at all...for a number of reasons. I have NEVER seen a fullblood BLACK buck. There is some other breed there if they are all black...and that buck is way too feminine for me. I like boys to look like boys and he is a bit too refined. The first buck isnt bad...really thick and would add size immediately to those does which is what they need...so if you are going for color i'd go that route.

Watts is impressive though and throws good kids.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok I am going to use aged to perfection on the second doe.

I am going to use watts or warrior for the first doe. But what do you think about these guys?

image-92950804.jpg

Below is part of fern hollow farms pedigree and another picture of him.

Attachments

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
I agree^. Pam I think the last buck is the Fern Hollow buck..

His dam "All Fired Up" is this paint doe, so he has color in his lines. Fired Up was bred to a Ruger son (Chicken on a Chain), and I LOVE those kids of hers! I don't care for the doe a whole lot, but she's still nice. Actually, her kids by the Ruger son just earned enough points to ennoble her! So that is exciting.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Why would you ignore AABG SMOKIN GUNZ from the Biogenics website? He's a show buck and has already produced show winning kids. He has enough points to be ennobled and he isn't even two years old. Maximum Impact over Ripper is Able Acres newest favorite cross. GUNZ is 1:1 teated as is his mother. I called the guy in Iowa that owns him and asked "why so cheap". He said it was only because they have 180 straws and they wanted to get him out there and prove him. I bought 10 straws for $200 myself.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts