The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Raising Nigerian Dwarf DAIRY Goats, registered wit
3,693 Posts
Our nigerian does are around 70-75 lbs. We have an overweight doe that is probably 85lbs. She is just naturally fat sand we can't get weight down on her. Our bucks are probably 80-90 lbs. I don't really know about pygmies. I haven't had any experience with them.

·
Raising Nigerian Dwarf DAIRY Goats, registered wit
3,693 Posts
Sorry, I thought you meant as in breed standards. We breed our does when they are a year old. U don't have to do this. We just don't want it to be hard on them. Do you have a goat that you think is to small to breed? Could we see a picture if her?

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
When they reach 60% of normal adult bodyweight for the breed. So with standard breed that is 80lbs, with mini breeds like Nigerians, you can bred them at 45 pounds, if the normal size for them within your herd is 70-80lbs.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Good to know, Lacie^^ :)
I knew that before, but it bears reminding. Someitemes I read this stuff and it falls out the other side. :lol:
I think my little girls are getting close to big enough to breed. (Assuming they aren't already :/)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.