RIP Cowboy Rowdy - please show support - update 10/15/10

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by kelebek, Oct 5, 2010.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    On Sept 5th, a little cowboy was tragically hit by a 900 pound haybale. He was seriously injured and was Life Flighted to The New Childrens Hospital in Aurora, Colorado - where he lay fighting for his life.

His fight ended this past sunday, October 3rd, and I am posting here to let you know what a miraculous little man he was and if you would like to show a small amount of support for his family - it would be appriciated.

I personally did not know this little cowboy - but he has stolen my heart, along with his family. He won 1st place showmanship in his first 4h show and just had one of the sweetest eyes I think that I have ever seen.

They are selling bracelets for $4.00, plus $1.00 shipping, to help the family and show support and also doing an auction, rodeo and dance to help raise money.

If anyone would like to help - you can find his fan page on Facebook under Cowboy Rowdy. To purchase the wristbands - scroll down on the left hand side and you will find the link (they have shirts also). If you do not have facebook - you can contact me personally and I will give you the info.

I just thank Stacey for letting me post this - and anyone that can help, it is appriciated by his family. The farming/rodeo/livestock community seems to be a very closenit family.

Thank you

Ride on little man - Ride on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio
    Re: RIP Cowboy Rowdy - please show support

OMg. I could not imagine. :pray:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

What a tragic thing to happen........my heart goes out to his friends and family... :( :hug: :pray:

4. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010

I will pass this on to the church and on my facebook. Prayers for his family. Thank you for posting it.

Gina

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Usually things like this touch me, but there is something about this little boy that just really has a place in my heart ....

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

With such a handsome young boy.... that had incredible talent ....was so short lived...it is definitely very sad and heart felt......... :(

7. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008

My heart goes out to his parents. :(

I worry about hay bales everytime my daughter goes climing in teh barn - and mine are only 50lb'ers - not anywhere close to a round bale. :(

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

How tragic and such a devastating loss for the little man's parents :(

My heart goes out to all those who loved him :hug:

9. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Oh how sad. :(

10. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

:( my deepest sorry to the family. will add them on FB

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Here is the information for the wrist bands - they are $4.00 each with $1.00 shipping. They are green with yellow writing that says Cowboy Rowdy on one side and Keep High in the Saddle on the opposite side.

Rowdy Wrist Bands
    c/o Sara Egge
    2365 Sweetwater Dr
    Laramie Wy 82070
    Front says "Cowboy Rowdy", back says "Keep High in the Saddle"
    They are green (Rowdy's favorite color) with yellow writing.

12. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa

That is so sad :(

13. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010

I go to the Cowboy Church here in Alabama and our youth rodeo team has made it to the finals being held in Texas in Nov. I think. We are doing a head count tonight and all team members will wear a Rowdy wrist band in memory. I have a great church. :)

Gina

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

That is awesome Gina - thank you so much for your support for such a cause! Make sure and take a pic of the kiddos and send to the family - they will love it!

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    After sending an idea to the person in charge of "Cowboy Rowdy" 's fundraising, I am pleased to announce that the family is supportive of having me put together a fundraiser in memory of thier little boy.

I am going to be making 20 pounds of Goat's Milk Soap and selling it with 100% of these proceeds going to the Smallwood family. Also, any of my other soaps sold, will have a portion donated to the fund also.

As soon as we get the soaps available for sale - I will let you know - but I am so pleased that in my own little way - I get to help this family that has opened my eyes a little wider and allowed me to carry a special place in my heart for Rowdy. He was an amazing little boy and even though he is gone, he is still bringing people together.

16. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Let me know when the soap is ready and check on shipping I would love some. :)

Send me a note on facebook. I want you to check out a young man who knew Rowdy. He is dealing with a spinal injury. You won't believe how awesome he is. I can't remember how to spell his name....

Gina

17. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have seen a few of his posts and have been following him. Actually thought about sending him a care package