RIP Knight.

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Muddy Creek Farm, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Well this morining while my dad did the chores he found Knight had passed away from an accident. Here we are with very safe pens and we have these problems. Apperently when the ground thawed the fence posts seperated enough for him to get his head between them and passed away from the stress. Poor guy, I hope he wasn't stuck there for long before he passed, although I do think he was. Thank god it wasn't a cold night last night.

Anyways, we will miss you buddy! He is only bred to one doe - Ginger. She is due early/mid march. I am thinking of retaining all does and possibly a buck depending on how nice they look.

Our first and HOPEFULLY last death of 2009. Although I doubt it :( With livestock there are no things for certain!

So far we have had no deaths from sickness, just heartbreaking accidents. Which is so tough because out of pretty much all of the farms I have visited ours is definatly one of the safest fencing and barn wise. :tears:

2. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I'm sorry for you loss. he was such a cutie. :hug: . Rest in Peace, Knight. :cry:

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am so sorry for you loss. It is so hard when it is a accident that we never see that could happen. :hug:

4. Bona Fide

Bona Fide New Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Kentucky
    I am so sorry - I know how it goes, and believe me I've been living it this year - three times over and am sick with it - my most heartfelt sympathy to you and yours...hang in there - as you know when it rains, it pours --- it seems either its a wonderful season or a head scratching sell out year - hopefully there WILL be an inbetween....

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry for your loss..... :hug: :(

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Thanks guys!! I'm doing well, just sad that he had to go through this. But he is at peace now!

7. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
  8. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    So sorry for your loss!