RIP Otto

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Amy Goatress, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Otto was losing weight and had little appetite so we had the vet do an exam. He had an inoperable mass in his abdomen. We had to put him down. I'm so glad his litter mate Zoe has Rufus-my brother's dog (recently acquired - or exiled) from Kirk & Ambuja- my brother and sis-in-law :)

[​IMG]

2. Candy

Candy Guest

May 14, 2008
    I'm so sorry that you had to put him down. You gave him the best you could. You took away his suffering and allowed him the peace he deserved. It must have been very hard for you. :hug:
    Candy :sun:

3. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Thanks Candy, it was very hard since we had him and his sister since a pup, he was cremated at our vet's office, she made a farm call for us this afternoon and took him to her clinic for us too and called us back, she's been our vet since we got into goats and she bought the clinic in Ashland, Ohio where we took our cats and dogs before we got into goats, this is the only vet that is close enough to us that does goats.

4. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm Guest

Sep 18, 2008
    He was a very beautiful dog. :hug: sorry for your loss . . .

5. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
  6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Otto..was a beautiful dog in deed.....I am so sorry for your loss....and know exactly how you feel I've been through it as well...it isn't easy.. :tears: .....rest in peace Otto.. :pray:

7. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Thanks Toth, it is never easy to say goodbye to your beloved pets and he was truly part of the family, he was a good guard dog too, he helped his sister guard the front of our property and our Pyrenees have the back of our property. But at least we know that Otto won't be suffering anymore from the tumors.

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Amy I am so sorry Otto is gone, you gave him one of the most precious gifts a friend/master could have....Peace :hug:

9. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Liz,

Thank you, yep he sure was loved here but at least he isn't suffering or in pain now but he never whined or complained about being in pain though.

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome.....I know...Amy..I really do.. :( ..keep remembering the good times you had with Otto .... :) ...and that he is happy in heaven with...no suffering ..and I bet he is flirting with a female dog....and wagging his tail alot.... :) ....He is awaiting the day ...to see you and your family again... :pray: :hug:

11. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I'm really sorry Amy, I certainly know how special those dogs can be to us.

12. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Toth,

I know he is happy and he is probably getting along very well with our first Deja ( a Great Pyrenees ) that passed away almost 2 years ago, she hung herself, she was only 6 years old at the time.

Thanks Bethany.

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    you are very welcome..Bethany...I am so sorry for the loss of Deja to .....that was a terrible tragedy .... :(

Yep ....that is the one he is flirting with.....I knew he was....I could feel it....LOL :)

14. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    You mean Amy not Bethany since I'm the one that lost Deja now we have a Deja 2 and a Zeke ( Deja 2's brother which is really Ezekiel ).

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    oops...I am sorry about that...yes I meant Amy......LOL ...I bad...:doh:

16. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    No problem Toth, I'm usually called by my sister's name or my step cousin's name by my Mom's Mom which I don't look anything like her though.

17. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Oh I am so sorry to hear about your dog Otto. You did the right thing by him, but this is so sad. I am sorry for your loss... :hug:

18. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Thanks Laurel Haven, it was sad but the right thing to do for Otto.

19. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :)

20. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    I have called different names through out the years though by different people.