RIP Rocky

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by badnewsboers, Feb 24, 2009.

1. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    I'll miss you Rocky. I'm sorry I wasn't home the past two weekends to see you. I thought there'd be more time. I have spring break next week and I was planning on spending it with you. I should've asked John if you were vaccinated with CD&T. If I had asked that one question you might still be around.

You were a good goat and I know your buddy Earl misses you. And you were spared the horror of bathing and clipping. I know you had a good time while you were with us and I take comfort in that. Goodbye my goofy friend.

[​IMG]

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am so sorry that you lost your boy. :( :hug:

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Awww, so sorry, he was a handsome boy and he knew you loved him :hug:

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is so sad... he was a real nice looking boy....I am so sorry for your loss.... :(

5. critterhavenfarm

critterhavenfarm New Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my beloved Zorro, our foundation herd sire for our small herd, back in October unexpectedly. I still miss him so much. We were out in the field with the boys yesterday and even DH commented how it was different without Zorro there. :tear:

Just think of the happy times. I know they are out running and romping now just waiting for us. :hugs:

Susan

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am so sorry that you lost him. :hug: Do you know happened? He looked very happy with you.

I ask that because we have something going on here in Colorado with bloat. It is killing goats within 3 hours of the on set. So it could very well be that. My vet is working with other vets all over the us and he said it is affecting most of the whole US.

7. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    Thanks everyone. Its just been a rough since I found out.

I'm not really sure what happened. No signs or symptoms of something being wrong. he and his buck buddies were playing and being their normal rowdy selves all weekend. Ken's dad found him early in the morning. He did say his belly was really bloated when he found him but it could have been from him being dead long enough. My only thought was overeating since a lot of breeders have had problems with it and it kills quick. I've saved a couple of our goats with antitoxin but you have to catch it quick.

But the thing is most people consider anything that killed the goat quick and unexpected to be overeating. It very well could be that bloat thing you mentioned. I have no way of knowing for sure though.

8. DopeyOpie

DopeyOpie New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Canada
    I'm so sorry... :hug: RIP Rocky :(

9. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    On a happier note, I talked to the breeder I bought Rocky from to ask if he had been vaccinated. He admitted he did not vaccinate any more because he never had any problems. I told him what had happened and he felt guilt about the whole thing, though I never blamed him in the slightest.

He called me back later and offered me one of his young does. One of them is Rocky's sister. I don't know which one I'll take yet but I am so awestruck right now. It just sort of restores my faith in people. Its rare to come across someone like this.

10. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Aww Badnewsboers, my heart goes out to you. and a big hug, so sorry.

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    badnewsboers...you are so right ...in this world ..they are so hard to find....but when you do....they are a blessing.... :wink: