RIP "Wild Bill"

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by bheila, Apr 11, 2009.

1. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    Wild Bill passed away yesterday. When the feed store got their shipment in of ducklings last year Wild Bill showed up and no one wanted to buy him, of coarse I had to take him home. Who could resist a face like that, LOL?! He was pretty special to us and I'm sure you can tell how he got his name. I kind of feel silly for posting this about him but I really do miss him a lot.
    [​IMG]

2. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    awwwww sorry to hear that he sure looked special alright :hug:

3. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I'm sorry. He looked "special". :hug: :grouphug:

4. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    Thanks guys, he was "special". He couldn't even quack, it was more like ack ack, LOL! I'm trying to have a sense of humor about it all. I suppose it wouldn't hit me so hard if I didn't have to go outside and hear his brother calling and looking for him.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    wow he lived to get that big? thats awesome that you gave him such a life :)

sorry he passed, and the worse yes is when there is another animal sad because of their passing. :(

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It takes a truely special and kind hearted person ...to take care of Wild Bill....love the name choice by the way.. :wink: ..I am so very sorry... you lost him ... :( :hug:

7. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Sorry for your loss.
    Oh everyone deserves to be remembered. His brother calling for him-that gets you right in the heart. :grouphug:

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    you had an awesome name, i never would have thought of it. lol.

sorry you lost him, you gave him a good life though

9. GoatGirl

GoatGirl New Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Portland, TN
    I am very sorry for your loss of Wild Bill (great name, btw). Everyone else is right though. You did give him a wonderful life that he wouldn't have had if it hadn't been for your big heart.

10. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Sorry for your losse hun at least he knew someoen loved him

11. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I am sorry for your loss!! :hug: I love my ducks, so I know how you feel.

12. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    So sorry for your loss. He was definitely a character.

I've had the pleasure of living with a 'special' animal like this too.

We had a rabbit for a short while, he'd been attacked by the dog that was being kept with him. I dont exactly know what happened but his neck/head was damaged so that his head was twisted round and bent up - he was constantly looking up at the sky and towards his butt end, if you know what I mean. The people had just left him in their garage, didnt take him to the vet or anything.

We took him home and rehabbed him. Had to feed him with a syringe to start with, and by hand after that since he couldnt get his head to the ground. He lived happily with us for a short while, until passing very peacefully one night.

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that was really thoughtful and caring of you... to do that .... :hug:

14. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    keren- That was so kind of you to take that rabbit in and care for him. I can't help to think what would've happened to him if you wouldn't have taken him :hug:

Thank you everyone for you kind words. Wild Bill's brother is slowly starting to get better. I was thinking of finding him a girlfriend, we'll see.