The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now strongly leaning towards using this guy on Liberty and her mom Poli next year...

Thoughts?

The colored goats are some of his progeny. The big traditional buck is RM 50-Sugar-Rey ENNOBLED.

The last doe pictured is a granddaughter to Sugar-Rey.

Attachments

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
He is gorgeous! I have seen tons of his progeny and they are all very beautiful. He and Poli would make some great kids. Is she not already bred by Rich?

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought so too. :) I haven't seen a whole lot of his kids... but most of the kids I have seen are colored, which is GREAT!

Poli is bred to Rich and due December 14th. :) This would be for next year.

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are some other pictures of him. :) He was the ABGA National Champion in 2011.

Last picture is another one of his kids.

Attachments

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I thought so too. :) I haven't seen a whole lot of his kids... but most of the kids I have seen are colored, which is GREAT!
That last buck kid is niiiiice! I had just looked up Sugar Rey and the first thing that popped up was this article- http://mlppubsonline.com/display_article.php?id=1040737
He has beautiful colored and trad. kids :)

Poli is bred to Rich and due December 14th. :) This would be for next year.
I even read that part in your thread... :hammer: Whoops!

·
Registered
462 Posts
How do they get him to stand so nicely with nobody holding him??

Wow he looks GREAT! Big butt, thick, well muscled the whole package!

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool! I hadn't seen that article! That's neat!

I like that little correct colored buck A LOT!

I'm sure there was someone holding him. :) They just edited the hand/arm and collar/lead out!

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Look at these little beauties! :D All 4 are flush kids out of GJT1 A1 Chicken on a Chain. After seeing these, I am strongly leaning back towards using Chicken for Dandi...

The paint doe in the last picture is out of Sawyer's Uzi. I like the Chicken does better... :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Love Sugar Rey! The paint progeny is a pretty local buck to me- Sugar Kane. He's beautiful!

Really, I like all the bucks your thinking about. They'll all produce well.... it just comes down to the little things you want to improve.

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have searched high and low... at every colored buck there could possibly be, and just can't find one better than Chicken on a Chain! I like Uzi's looks a little better, but since I can't find a picture of more than 1 of his kids, Chicken seems like the better choice.

And ALL of Chicken's kids seem to have a strong topline in common. That is the one think I would change on Dandi if I could, and that is the doe we would use Chicken on.

I'm thinking to AI Poli and Liberty to Sugar-Rey, naturally breed Dazzle to CRCR Aged to Perfection "Ennobled" and Paint Ball to good ol Mr. Rich, recently Ennobled. :)

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
I think that's a great decision. Especially thinking to just breed Paintball to Rich!! He has the length and she has the dimension that will put the babies at a great in-between. :)

Chicken's doelings are so cool!

·
Amber
1,339 Posts
Decisions decisions decisions!

You are truly making me crazy!

I think I REALLY love this idea about who to AI and who to breed natural. Its a win win to help improve the kids. I am soo excited and ready to see these non existent kids! Hahaha only about a year or so to wait...

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tell me about it! We better get some nice kids after all this!!! I've made myself crazy! :D

We'll probably breed in June of next year... so ya, just another 15-16 months or so!! Dandi better not give us a single traditional BUCK!! :doh:

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh dearee me... I hope not. Hey, Dearee Me is Dandi's sister's name! :D She was reserve right behind Dandi at Big Top last weekend. Dearee Me has placed over Dandi a time or two.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts