Road Trip! (Home Now!)

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by RunAround, Oct 22, 2008.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Ok, so as most of you know I am going down to SC to pick up some goats from Ashley. Also dropping three off in PA. My friend is going to be taking care of my animals when I am gone. She has my cell phone number and the Vets number. I was wondering if I could give her any of your numbers in case she can't get a hold of me and something happens. She had two goats a couple years ago until she had to get rid of them and she was a vet tec for a while. So she knows something about animals lol. But I know you lose your head when something goes wrong. So it would be great if I could give her an extra number or two.

I am getting excited! Got the oil changed in the car the other day and I got some straw to fill the crates with. Now I just need to get everything else ready and packed!

2. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Re: Road Trip!

Don't know how much help I could be, but here ya go. :thumbup:

1(405) 433 8021

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

You will be more help than my vet. Hopefully nothing goes wrong.... but I just want to be ready in case.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Well....heres to a safe trip and a big Congrats on those 2 LUCKY Gals getting Sweet Gum goaties!!!

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Runaround - you can give her my number. My cell is 509.499.5828 If I don't answer - leave a message and I will call right back. I don't answer numbers that I don't know

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

you have mine which of course you can pass on to her.

And about coming to my place ----- keep it in your plans I will make sure if I am not at work I am home

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

There are already more then enough knowledgeable people who's numberds you have but I'll give you mine too, just in case!

319-795-8148

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Thanks everyone! That should be enough.

I'm so excited to go! :cool:

9. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

I have to say I am really excited to see some of the members from here.

I also can't wait to see Stacey and Angie again! I can't wait to see how Angie has grown! :cool:

10. Candy

Candy New Member

Double the excitement on this end! I got someone to stay with DH that is close by so at the ring of the phone I can be on my way :leap: I don't get out much---can you tell? :sigh:
    Candy :sun:

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

oh Candy who are you getting? I must have missed it

thats awesome for you -- wonderful

12. Candy

Candy New Member

I'm getting the 'unnamed' buckling--soon to be named Adam, because he's my first 'man' and Sunshine/Sunny. I've never had registered goats before and am really excited. My girls are all 100% nigie and, I think, look good conformity wise. Liz says they look good, so I'm taking her at her word. Next summer, when they all don't look so 'fluffy' I'll post them and ask you all to tear them down so I can improve what I have. I had 2 bucklings, that I wethered, that went to 4H people and they took 1st and 2nd in their class at the fair. I was so-o-o proud.

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

oh sweet!!! how awesome

14. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Wahoo! I'm getting even more excited! Packed clothes last night and made a list of things I can't forget to take.

See you tomorrow Stacey! :leap:

15. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Everyone's dewormed and ready to go. I know you guys are excited! Its always so much fun getting a new goat!!!

I do think these boys will make you proud. All 3 are great genetics and all 3 are very nice with confirmation. I think Adam could easily be a show buck too. Cruiser and Lark definitely are since they're grown. Please send pictures as they grow too!

SunShine and Adam are about the same size. Him being a single and her being from twins and out of a ff. She's a basketball with legs right now. So fuzzy!!! I get so tickled with the kids going into their first winter. :p

Its been very cold here at night but everyone is doing great. See you soon!!!

16. Candy

Candy New Member

How is Adam's & Sunny's neck length? Just one of the things I would like to improve on. When you say 'cold', do you mean COLD--we've had a frost last 5 days. I'm glad that they have their 'winter coats' on. This is going to be to ONLY good day next week. Tues, DH has to be 1 1/2 hrs from to get scars removed from his cataract surgery (be there by 7 AM :ZZZ: )
    Wed. he has to be at hospital (only 1/2 hr from home) to undergo surgery for bladder cancer. They plan to keep him "at least overnight", so the rest of the week I'll be playing nurse more than usual :sigh: Do you think Adam should be separated from Sunny and my little Madam?

17. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Ok so I am spoiling the new boys and they are getting new collars. lol Just went out to get them. Now I just need to stuff everything in the car!

Boy Ty is in for a long road trip... maybe some of the buck smell will be blown off by the time he gets to Bob. :slapfloor:

You need some :hug: :hug: Candy

18. Candy

Candy New Member

Thanks, Ashley---greatly needed and accepted.

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Candy...Ashleys page is set up so nice that it's super easy to check out those babies pedigree's...I love Adams dam...Civil has a beautiful udder as well as a very dairy neck...as does his sire, so I don't think you'll have a problem there! RunAround...you have a safe trip...and Candy...great big hugs and lots of prayers for you and hubby....Adam is just over 2 months old...he MAY or may not be able to do some damage with your little girls....it's up to you to watch him and be willing to separate if he's being a little buck. :hug: :pray:

20. Candy

Candy New Member

:scratch: I think I'll try that new goat contraceptive--you remember--the 'apron' used in Africa :ROFL: Or maybe an apron that hangs from the back of the girls :ROFL:
    Should I take pictures? Maybe I could sell them and make enough to pay for feed :idea:
    ( I really am joking--honest )