Robin Is Definitely Bred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by HollowbeadRanch, Jan 28, 2008.

1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    :cool: Robin (my Nubian Doe) is definitely bred!!!! :cool: I put her in one of the barn lots with a couple of the other Does just in case she decides to kid early :wink: And............ Toby is DEFINITELY the daddy :cool: which means mini nubian babies :cool: and since Robin has blue-eyes.... possibly blue-eyed mini nubian babies :cool: (of course they will be unregistered since sire nor dam is registered but still :cool: )!! She should be due between Feb.6 and Feb.16 unless she bred later... but she is awfully big and her milk has increased drastically over the last week. I will try to get some udder shots today to post for everyone!!! I can't wait!!! I think I will be keeping any Doelings, because I plan on getting a Reg. Blue-Eyed buck this Spring, so the baby will be unrelated :greengrin: I can't wait :cool: I have waited over a year for this girl to produce me some babies :roll:

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congrats on the up coming birth...mini nubes, just adorable lil' babies with those ears!!! :p

3. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Wow!! Congrats Brandi!!!

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    is it easy to sell unregistered mini nubians? or have you yet to figure it out?

see I told you she just wasn't ready. Glad you didn't get rid of her to soon.

Congratulations on the upcoming kid/s

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Whoohoo, that is great news. We want to SEEEEE them.. (of course when they are born). Did you notice the THEY???

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I have a Robin too!!! She is my favorite goat =) I love babies!!!! Pictures are a must..

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Congrats!! Can't wait to see babies :D

8. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thanks everyone!! And yes, as soon as they are born there will be TONS of pics :thumb:

I don't know.... we will see when she has them I guess :greengrin: I haven't heard of any around here, but everyone that comes out just loves the floppy ears, so I am hoping they will go over well :shrug: :greengrin: Even if they don't, they will definitely go over well with me :greengrin: :greengrin: :greengrin:

9. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
  10. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    Is Toby a Nigerian? If he's a Pygmy they'd be kinders.

Anyhoo! Congratulations!!!!

11. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Well... actually Toby is good at stumping us all :roll: I would say he is more Nigi than Pygmy, even though he does show a few Pygmy traits. Since he isn't registered I would guess he is a mix between the two (since SSSOOO few people around here actually know what Nigis are, therefore they have no clue what they are breeding). What do you think about him??
    [​IMG]
    I have never seen that color pattern in a Pygmy since it is broke up so much with the black splotches(sp?). So I don't know. His head seems to be more Pygmy to me... I don't know... let me know what you think. He has always had me stumped :roll:

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if you aren't sure you can just called them Mini Kinders LOL

13. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I would say he's more nigi but is definately part pygmy.

14. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    That's kind of what I was thinking too.... we will just call them mini floppy eared goats LOL

15. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas
    And don't forget cute! Call them C-U-T-E Mini Floppy-Eared Goats! :clap:

16. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    LOL, sounds like a plan to me :grouphug: