Rochelle kid on 6/3

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by SDK, Jun 5, 2009.

1. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    with a single buck!!

well make that a HUGE single buck! he weighed 10 and 1/4pounds at birth so he's huge!.. and.. IMO.. ugly compared to murray as a baby. he's got a dark mahogany brown head with black eyebrows. but both parents had light tan heads.. i dunno.

Of course she decided to kid when i was coming home from disneyland. the sister in law of my best friend found the baby and proceeded to call me.. she got home an hour earlier than we did. so by the time i got there he was all dry and clean and mom had passed everything and such

but .. megan thinks he's adorable, since more than likely he's he fall market wether.
    and i know this isn't the best pic, but its all i could get today before it started to rain again

oh.. and side notes.. my tan doe Maneater kindled today with 5 kits.. a first for me since i've never had a tan litter that big before.( i added a picture of them at like..15 hours old)

and memphis.. will not breed at all.. we've tried everything, and she's not a hermie.. she's been at the breeders for months and nothing.., so shes kindly replacing memphis with an older red doe that is proven.. and she'll be bred when i pick her and our new lamancha up

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh no............he is gorgeous.....so adorable.... :love:

Congrats on all the little ones..... :leap:

so cute

I am sorry about memphis....that is a shame... but it does happen sometimes..... :(

3. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    lol yeah has has got a big boof head, hasnt he! looks a bit like my Double Trouble

sorry Pam but ... those kits are no where near cute!

4. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    Congrats! :thumb:

That is exactly why I couldn't raise meat goats! They're just too stinking cute to send off to the butcher.

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :( :doh: :help:

you are so right Kate........ it isn't easy.... :help: :(

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    lol compared to my lamancha kids i have right now.. this guy has a ugly.. bull-like head! lol megan likes him though.. so i'm happy thAt he's healthy

those baby kits will be showstoppers!!

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

AMEN. I would never butcher one.

I have to say that that baby is a doll. I don;t understand why you do not like him. He is so cute. Send him to me I will take him, and he would be a pet forever.

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    excuse my ignorance please - what are "tans"??

PS the boer buckling is gorgeous :drool:

9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i just say he's ugly compared to my lamancha baby guido.. he's a looker! lol that and i ADORE redheaded boers an he's brown and black.. haha but.. he's megans and she likes him.. now she has to name him.. I suggested foghorn since he was born in cold rainy foggy conditions and he's LOUD

Tans are a breed of rabbit..they are gorgeous.. here's my website for them

http://www.widowhaven.bravehost.com

10. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    "New LITTLE buckling"??? HaHAhaha Surely you jest! At 10lbs he's a honker! And beautiful too!

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congrats on the surprises! That Boer is a cute little chunk! Hmmmm....the kits, well lets just say that they're cuter with fur.

Odd how tame bunnies have rodent like babies and cottontails have babies that look like bunnies from the start. I'm sure these 5 little babies will be just cuddly adorable in a very short time.

12. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Congrats!
    Hope ya do good with this lil fella at your next fair!

13. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    update on the "little" dude

his name is now Gillis.. which means young goat in dutch.. megan picked it!

he now weighs 26 pounds at 3 weeks...

his ears have unfolded, so he looks adorable with the huge ! ears.. they go almost 2 inches past his nose

i will get pics when i can

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    oh i love those little boer heads. so noble :wink:

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Alright...........that is super........ love to see pics.... :wink: :greengrin: