Rode my horse the other day!

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Crissa, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    She did GREAT! I've been mainly redoing some ground work with her lately and hadn't been on her in a while, but the other day I decided to go ahead and hop on. Not only did she do fine with that (as always) but I had a bit in her mouth (normally I use a hack) and she WALKED! Normally she just stands there, but I asked her to walk and she did, so I was excited. The only part that was bad.............I was alone, I didn't have anyone with me, and I got in a little bit of trouble for that. But she didn't do anything and never has. So please don't get after me for it, but that's also why I don't have any pics of me actually on her. :oops:

As you can see she likes to have attention, makes it difficult to get pics though.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry they were all taken with my phone, so not the best quality.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Glad it went well....what a sweet horse.........and she is looking good.... :thumb: :greengrin:

3. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois
    Very awesome! :D

4. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    She's a cutie. :)

I ride on my own all the time. I call my hubby when I leave and e-mail him at work when I get back - just os he knows if he needs to start looking for me. LOL.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she looks great! pictures are really good. I love camera phones

6. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thanks!

Trace-The thing is.......Star isn't technically broke. She's getting there, but I'm the ONLY one who's ever been on her. She's never bucked or reared. But I honestly haven't been consistent enough with her. (which will be changing VERY soon) I can saddle and bridle her just fine, but this is the first time she's walked for me every time I asked her to. I was really proud of her.

7. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Then great job. Good job that you ahve a round pen - that will make it so much easier for you. Keep up with that work and she will be nicely started in no time!!!!!

Stay safe too. :)

8. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    She sure is pretty! And the pictures are acctually pretty good. My mom, a family friend, and I went out for a ride last week-it was fun, although I hadn't rode a horse for awhile so when I got off of my horse I looked like I was just out of a Western movie and ready for a gun fight. I'm acctually shocked at the number of horses for sale out there that are not completely broke. People get them for pets, but dont train them. I would think if one is going to put all that hay into them they'd want them broke to ride really good and not just green broke or barely halter broke. I wish we had a round pen here-but not really the space for it.