rope halters

Discussion in 'Personal Creations' started by naturalgoats, Feb 22, 2011.

1. naturalgoats

naturalgoats New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    If anyone is interested I make goat sized rope halters like the ones used for horses.
    http://idfropehalters.com/shop/images/ACFFA3.jpg
    I could make them for the cost of rope and shipping with maybe a dollar over for gas to the store and the time spend tying them.... I haven't calculated it up properly because I've only ever made them for myself and friends but I don't think it would be very much. I make them out of light, flexible rope in whatever color the local outdoor store is carrying it in at the moment. I really like the ones I've made for my boys.. they seem so much less cumbersome than the webbing ones but with more control than collars. anyway I just thought I'd put that out there.... :)
    Miranda

2. Ducklady

Ducklady New Member

Apr 7, 2010
    They look really nice! Post a price when you work it out.

3. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

I love goat halters. I make my own. They are very fun! I too thought about selling them....Mini horses/llamas too!

4. naturalgoats

naturalgoats New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    hey ducklady,
    I did a very ballpark estimate with shipping calculated to CA so my guess is $5-6 including postage.... possibly less if you have miniatures... let me know if you are interested :)
    M.

5. Ducklady

Ducklady New Member

Apr 7, 2010
    That sounds great I have 2 nigerian dwarf goats, so I'll probably order 2. Could you possibly make them different colors, if not no problem. Hopefully it will make it easier to walk them out to get the mail, we seem to get halfway before someone decides its far enough!

6. naturalgoats

naturalgoats New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    cool! I'll pm you to get the sizes. I'll see about different colors.. it depends on the store. :)
    I know what you mean about the mail. I have twin brothers and my mum used to walk them on leads... one would run ahead while the other sat down :)