Rose is going to be bred

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goat fever, Jan 16, 2008.

1. goat fever

goat fever New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    We have decided to bred our doe Rose. She will be going to meet her "boyfriend this weekend. She we be staying over till we think she is bred. I hugged her today and told her to have a good time on her first date and don't come home unless she is pregnant. ( Thank heavens we don't tell our human children this.) If is funny how in the goat world, how multiples are desired. And we want our girls to get pregnant every year. Wish us luck, We are a little nervous about the how thing. Just don't want to lose her to tramatic delivering or anything. I guess this is normal for a person's first experience with kidding right?

2. luvmygoats

luvmygoats New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Western New York
    Good luck, Anna. And good luck to Rosie. We are expecting our first at the end of march so I know how you feel. Luckily we have friends that have a huge dairy goat herd and are very experienced. I will be running for the phone at the first sign our Trixie is in labor.

Gina

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    the Jitters are normal. But I guess I never truly got the first time jitters since my mom was in charge with our first and second breedings.

To me it is an exciting time and I know you will enjoy the whole experience of her pregnancy.

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Feeling nervous is totally the norm! My firsts are due in just over a week, and I have been a nervous wreck for over a month now.

Be sure to ask as many questions as you need!!! We are all here for you!

Allison

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Heres to hoping she gives you triplets at the end of 5 months!! Believe me, wether it's your first or not, the nervousness comes with the territory! :lol:

6. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i agree with liz. it dosen't matter if it is your first or 49th i still get nervouse wreak.

7. goat fever

goat fever New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Funny you should say Triplets.
    Rose is one of triplets. Her mother usually has triplets. I am only hoping for twins or a single doe of course.

I have gained alot of experience helping my friend who lives 3 houses away with her herd while they have delivered. In fact that is where Rose came from. I saw Rose the minite she was born. And I have loved her ever since. I guess it just different when it is your own goat. Well really she is my son's but we both love her very much. thanks for all of the encouragement.

w

8. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas