The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having truck issues for about a month now. As its our only car that not good. Right now I am sitting in a Wall Mart parking lot in 17 d temp slowly going out of my mind. I had droped DH off and was going home to get kids up to go to school. I hope they enjoy there sleep in.
Well I need to end this rant and go inside before my toes fall off.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was. I got the truck jumped and got it home. What is it about cars and breaking down around the holidays. :/

·
Registered
284 Posts
My son called this am on his way to work. He was sitting along the highway. Apparently a hose blew and sprayed something all over his windshield. It was 7* and he's wearing shorts, what a dunder head. DH thought he blew a freeze plug but apparently his thermostat froze up, car overheated, threw a hose, drained the raidator. He doesn't have roadside assistance and DH wasn't about to tow it so they poured antifreeze in and drove alittle ways pulled over let it cool off, drove alittle more, lol. It's now sitting at gmas and gpas and he's driving gpas jeep. Thank god my DB is a ASE mechanic and he doesn't have to pay for labor, just parts. I guess I know what he's getting for xmas. He drives a Toyota Scion and of course it takes "special antifreeze", he's not even owned the car a year, :GAAH:

Edit to add: If you let a vechicle warm up for 20 minutes and you get in it to leave and the windows are still frozen over, that tells you your thermostat isn't working like it should. DS kept saying "but I let it warm up for 20 minutes but there was still ice on the windows" so he drove it anyways.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you everyone. Well I put it on the charger so I could at least use it to pick up my DH after he gets off work. I then got a ride into town to at least pick up some chicken feed. I get back and check the charger to see how its doing. It has not charged at all. I take a look. My charger is dead!! I can't win today. :( I just called my long suffering Dad to bring me his. *sigh*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts