The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doe calico had a very rough kidding and her girl parts are very swollen. We had to go in and rearranged the kids and pull them. We got them out 6 am yesterday and she was in labor for a few hrs tell we found someone to help us as we could not figure out how they where tangled. She layed around all day yesterday and her placta came out last night. I hope it was all of it. Finally got her kid nursing good last night. I noticed this morning she squatted and im not sure it was pee or what but what looked like blood dribbled out. She is up and doing good today and acts like she fills better. Ive smelled her and smell nothing bad yet, and put hemorrhoid cream on her. Also she has been getting La 200 plan to give her that for the next week. Can i give her a human adult aspirin for pain? Or any other pain med. I rub her belly and she seems to like that but im doing that to help clean her out i hope. I know the doctor shoved on my stomach to help me lose the placenta when i had my daughter. Anyway im mostly worred about the red stuff i seen coming out it seemed bright. So should i hold of worrying tell tommorrow? I dont watch my other does clean out as closely
so for all i know they dribble out stuff like this for a day i dont know.

·
Super Moderator
58,914 Posts
I would get a bottle of Banamine and get some Banamine into her. You will have to get it from the vet. I would also give her some molasses water along with a B complex shot.

·
Registered
30,638 Posts
I agree with Karen. You can expect bloody discharge for several weeks...No need to push on her tummy.. as long as she is eating drinking pooping and peeing...she should be fine..

·
14,615 Posts
The more kids nurse she will produce natural oxytocin to clean out.
The bright red string you are seeing will drop off soon, does it have little mustard colored suction cup like tissue on it?
She WILL have spots of bright red blood off & on for a few weeks along with older brown blood.
It's not unusual for a doe to squat & not see much coimg out shortly after kidding.

ps Good job!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks guys so or know everything is ok. Just wanted to be sure. I should have banamine on hand but dont i will try to get to my vet and pick up some. He is a half hr drive from me. I tried to call my local dog vet but they told me i have to bring her in and they have to inject it as it goes into the veins. I thought Banimine was sq.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts