The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,983 Posts
I HATE skunks. HATE HATE HATE! The smell came wafting into the house just as the sun came up. Mom's dogs started barking so I grabbed the gun and went out looking for it. Couldn't find him. Put the gun away. Got the kids rounded up for the bus. Start morning chores. Man it really stinks out there. 3 dead chickens in the coop. Darn it. Let my geese out of their coop 2 hurt. Now it's personal. I'm going to blast that critter to kingdom come. I could have stood it if were animal that didn't waste it's kill, and actually ate the animal.

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Ugh...I know the feeling. I hate the things too. They get into our guinea and peacock nests and eat the eggs. We had a neighbor that blew up his house trying to get rid of one! Skunks would get in the basement and he was getting so mad he decided to just pour anhydrous ammonia down there....forgetting to put out the pilot light on his water heater. Kaboom....says when he woke up a few minutes later and turned his head he saw the skunk waddle past....

·
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I did more investigating. The carnage total is 5 hens, female duck, and 3 damaged geese. I think the skunk was involved in a scrap with a weasel. Seems to me that there was close to a dozen eggs none broken or eaten, and a skunk would eat them before going after something alive. Female duck upon closer examine weasel damage. Ugh.

·
8,171 Posts
Live trap with pnut butter and cat food. After you catch it, turn the trap on it's side (holes are bigger) and bang- all gone!
Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts