Round 1 of birthing is done!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Mar 17, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well, for the most part round one of kidding season has come to an uneventful end. We had 4 boys and 3 girls born from 4 moms, all alive and thriving!

1 is retained, 3 are sold, and the other 3 are up for sale starting today!

Can't wait for round 2 now to start in a few months!

2. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I don't know if mine could be classified in rounds. LOL Unless you count them by month. Haha I'd be on round 2 then. Sounds good to have uneventful births! Congrats on the new babies!!!

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Look at that! A healthy and un eventful 1st round.....looking forward to the second round...I'm done til next SPRING....no more cold winter births for me!

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    yah, I was pretty pleased with the way things went with the the first round, even though it was my first time, and 3 of the 4 that birthed were first time mom's - everyone did AWESOME and I was not there for ANY of the births :( But at least they did well and no problems. That is including the first time mom that gave me triplets.

Now I have babies due in July / August (3) and then my Boer X will probobly be Septemberish!

Woo Hoo!

Now to sell off the rest!

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    That shouldn't be a problem!! I'm amazed that I had someone from NEW YORK wanting little Aggie!! Websites are great...and guess what? She got my ad from here at the Goat Spot!! woo hoo....one doeling left to sell!

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That is awesome Liz!!!

I was so happy, I had a lady that wanted my little boy that was born on the 6th as a bottle baby and he was already sold. Then when the triplets were born on the 13th, I emailed her and told her we could do a bottle baby with one of them - she said I want the girl, which ever that is - LOL! I knew that I was going to have to pull a triplet anyway!

She drove 3 hours to pick up the little miss on Saturday! The lady LOVES her, and mommy is doing better with only 2 and they are alot better themselves also!

Now I am looking at selling a couple adults and babies! Woo Hoo! Hubby and I decided that I better keep at least 2 unregistered does, as I am selling them as they are hitting the ground - LOL!

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah I seem to sell unregistered faster then registered - well I have more on my waiting list at least.

last year Kari was sold the day she was born.

Liz I second the website thing. I have sold all my kids through my website.