The Goat Spot Forum banner

Round bales?

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  TDG-Farms 
I plan on feeding them this year.. My plan is to set it outside in the corner of my night pen (since it has got panels as fence. I am going to set the bale on a pallet. Then put a t-post up in the middle of it (it will line up with the corner post behind the bale. Run a calf panel (the ones with small holes at the bottom to babies cant get in) infront of the bale, so they can reach in and eat it but can't damage the bale. I won't drive the t-post in front in the ground all the way, so it is taller then the other posted. I am going to secure a tarp to that post which will mean the water will drain away from the bale. I also plan to tarp the sides of the fence so the bale won't get wet that way, rain/snow will run down and not it the bale :)... If you understood that lol.

Boy, I wouldn't want your hay bill or the job of cleaning out that pen! :eek: I do have one question, though......how are you planning to move the bale forward once they cannot reach it anymore?
Is this question for me ?

If so I will spend more then $500 less then if I buy square bales... My pen is outside, I don't have to clean it?

I don't plan to move the bale forward I plan to move the panel back. I will either cut the end off, or bend it out flat against the fence.
Cattle panels are only $16, I have a bunch laying around anyways so I can bend one or cut it and it wont cost me anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.