Round Hay feeder picture

Discussion in 'Barnyard Bananza' started by trob1, Dec 10, 2007.

1. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    I got the goats a round bale of grass hay about a month ago and put a cattle panel around it to keep them from wasting it by jumping on it. This is working great.

[​IMG]

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    That is a WONDEFUL idea. I am looking at purchasing a couple rounds, as that is the only thing that will not cost half of a house payment, but was worried about the mess and waste. I will send my hubby this pic!

Thanks for sharing!

3. PACE

PACE New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Mass
    It looks really good. Great idea! Is it under shelter or out in the open? The goats seem to be enjoying it :D

4. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    It is under their shed. I didnt want it getting wet. I think it would be easy to add a tarp to the top if you do not have a place to put it under roof.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    what happens when they can nolonger reach it?

6. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    you tighten the panel around the hay....my friend does this very same thing...it does work well!

7. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Yep you tighten the panel up. I use metal snap clips to hold the panel together. I have lots of square bales in the loft and will use them up this winter and hopefully by next fall I will have a place to strore the round bales and that is what I plan on using from now on if I can find good round bales. I love them and the goats see to also. As long as I have a way to put them out under shelter that is what I plan on using.

8. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    it is a great idea. I wish i had somewhere to put a round bale out of the weather!