Ruby Farms

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ruby Farms, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Ruby Farms

Ruby Farms New Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Tioga, PA
    Good morning everyone,

My name is Becky and I have a small farm in Pennsylvania. I started raising Boer goats in December 2009 with 2 baby bucks that I purchased from a neighbor. Since that time I have lost 1 of the bucks and gained 5 does and a fullblood registered buck named Sir Charles and a pygmy (sp).

Everything that I have done so far has been by the seat of my pants since we don't have many goat breeders in my area. I have a great vet that helps me out when I get nervous about something going on with my goats.

In October 2010, I had 2 does kid within 6 days of each other. Both new mommies and was able to have a single kid and twins. This January my herd queen had twins, this being her 2nd or 3rd kidding.

I'm hoping that I will be able to find some great advice because I'm the type that needs to make sure that I'm prepared for anything. We are in the process of retrofitting an old dairy barn with stalls for my lovelys.

Thanks so much.

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome Becky, :wave: so glad you are here with us.

Sounds like you are doing well so far, and believe me a lot of us do this by the seat of our pants until we find a forum like this.

Now we love pictures, so please feel free to share your beautiful goats.

3. CapriGem

CapriGem Senior Member

May 12, 2010
    Western PA
    :stars: Welcome to The Goat Spot :stars:

I am located in Western PA. I have Nigerians.

Where in PA are you located?

4. SandStoneStable Farm

SandStoneStable Farm New Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Maryland
    Welcome Becky! :)
    You will get tons of advice and ideas to try from TGS!!
    Caryn

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome....from one boer breeder to another.... glad to have you here.... :thumb: :wave:

6. Cornerstone Croft

Cornerstone Croft New Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Welcome Becky - I too started out by the seat of my pants and really learned along the way! We've had goats now for 7 years and have great mentors to help us out along the way.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    we are all learning -- so ask away and we can help with what we have experienced -- you will get lots of opinions and ways of doing things so glean what you can and use it as it works for you.

Im not to far away in Southern NJ :wave:

8. Ruby Farms

Ruby Farms New Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Tioga, PA
    Thanks everyone for the great welcome. Its good to know that there is someone there to help give advice.

We live in Tioga County, PA near the New York border.

Most of my pictures are posted on Facebook so if anyone else is on there feel free to friend me.

I will try and post some pics here .. I've never had great success in posting pictures in a forum.

Thanks again.

Becky

9. Ruby Farms

Ruby Farms New Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Tioga, PA
    Ok .. here is a pic for everyone .. my first set of twins .. these were from a first time mommy .. she did really well.

Attached Files: