Rudy - Pooch again - This goat is frustrating me! - Not preg

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Epona142, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Okay so here's the picture progression.

From November 2009, when she was open:

[​IMG]

February 18th 2010, at around 55-60? days bred:

[​IMG]

March 29th 2010, at around 100? days bred:

[​IMG]

April 15th, 2010:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you think pregnant? It looked like a for sure thing but now I'm not so sure. Her teats are poking out but no real udder growth just yet, but she has time for that. Due date of May 25th I believe.

I can't feel any kids, which again doesn't mean much of course. She's doing a right job hiding them if she's pregnant.

If she isn't, this would be twice she's been exposed and didn't take, and I'll have to ring her precious little neck. She'd be a second freshener.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Rudy - Pooch again - This goat is frustrating me!

she doesnt look bred to me - sorry :(

3. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA

Weird.... the February pics... I would have said definitely bred... but the most recent she looks open, yet she does look to have some udder. Did her udder go all the way back to normal after her first freshening or does she always hang a little like that?

4. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

She went all the way back to normal. Dang goat is driving me crazy..she gets one more chance (only cause she's a pet) before I have to consider finding her a pet home

5. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA

I have one of these frustrating does as well...she has even had the shot to get her back into cycling normally. What do do? I am attached and want to give her every chance...but it is getting old. The doe I bought from the same farm bred the first time...she wasn't a first freshener though!

6. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

She's not at under the month mark and has no udder and I cannot feel kids so...not pregnant.

She gets another shot with the new buck Roadhouse in July before I seriously consider finding her a new home.