The Goat Spot Forum banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,460 Posts
Sadly, Lola passed away today around 3pm. She was in my daughter's arms for the last 2 hours of her life.
I am so sorry. You did absolutely everything you could for her and she passed on with the utmost love surrounding her.

She was a fighter, what a strong girl.

Can the vet do any sort of necropsy tests to figure out exactly what started all of this?

Again, my deepest condolences. So sorry.

·
Goat Crazy!
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
I am so sorry. You did absolutely everything you could for her and she passed on with the utmost love surrounding her.

She was a fighter, what a strong girl.

Can the vet do any sort of necropsy tests to figure out exactly what started all of this?

Again, my deepest condolences. So sorry.
No necropsy. My hubby already buried her. I have a friend who's a nurse and she speculates a blockage of some sort.

At any rate, we'll be picking up one of our goat kids from that same lady. Her son had leased her for 4-H, but has decided he doesn't want to continue in 4-H. WE were debating whether to sell her. But now we'll be keeping her. She's a beautiful doeling and is as sweet as the day is long. She was one of Lola's kids from this year.

·
8,271 Posts
Aww, I am so sorry you lost her. She was very much loved, that's for sure. (And that is why it hurts so daggone much). Please tell your daughter how sad we all are for her.
:(

·
Registered
31,087 Posts
Im so sorry :(

Reactions: groovyoldlady

·
Registered
234 Posts
Oil works for frothy bloat because of the way it smothers the froth or bubbles due to it creating tension and allowing the bubbles to pop, and therefore calming the froth. I don't see how this works anything similarly to probios. Probiotics are microscopic enzymes and they aren't frothy bubbles. Can you simplify what you mean for me?
I actually thought probiotics are live microscopic "thingy's" or were live and "food" for the normal flora that must be present in sufficient numbers to break down nutrients. Normal flora are microbes that keep intestinal contents from decomposing or fermenting. It definitely makes sense to me if you say they aren't available if they are covered with oil.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I'm sorry you lost her, Groovy. So heartwrenching.

Reactions: groovyoldlady
81 - 98 of 98 Posts